123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Network/Remote Network Monitoring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Network/Remote Network Monitoring Reply with quote

I could use some advice/direction.

I deal with our network a bit at work. Basically I'm the Director of any problems land on my desk. I have a local network location and 2 off site locations, all with static IPs. Locations all use PCs to connect back to the main office as well as IP phones. We use Cisco routers at all locations, which really don't have any Mac apps and their software is anything but user friendly.

I'm trying to find something to install on my mac that would show me if connections have been lost at the off site locations. I really don't know what I'm looking for so my search is turning up a lot more info.

I found one one windows called EasyNetMonitor, it's simple and all I need but I'm not finding anything like it for the mac.. yet.

Any thoughts or advice?

macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy for macintosh really it's called little snitch and people use it to keep track of connections using the little snitch connection monitor application that comes with it it is very handy for legal purposes however people do use it for illegal ones as well which is quite sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: