123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Holding "Back to Mac" Media Event...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it was 32 bit. I bought it but I am not sure I want to install it. I like iphoto full screen edit in ilife 09. I think I should of just put the funds towards apeture instead. Oh well you live and learn. Maybe garage band will be worth it.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed it. It's pretty cool I can see the casual user liking it better. I like some parts of iphoto 11, but I miss the floating edit, and total fullscreen to view photos. It has a bar on top and and bottom. Also there is a major bug when emailing mine crashed everytime I used it. Although they were sent but I was stuck there with no control and error looking graphics on the bottom of the screen. I had to force quit iphoto 11 to get anywhere. One thing weird is how the dock disappears when this happens I've seen this happen before. I think the last graphic driver update is glitchy. Other "graphic" apps I have aren't as snappy as they used to be. Also I ran repair permissions and I am getting tons of Java errors after the new Java update. Reboot same thing its not going away for me. Not sure what apple is up to.
ma5ter5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: pairing with display Reply with quote

call me crazy, but is the mini display port on the opposite side of the power? not exactly convenient for connecting to the apple display.
iPod Touch 2nd gen 32gb (dead, stupid washing machine incident)
iPod nano 1st gen 4gb
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iphoto '11 is growing on me I am really starting to like it. No right click to duplicate you got to be out of full view and use Photos up top to get to it. As far as I know. The editing is starting to grow on me. Some quick fixes that are nice and you can "enhance" and revert back to the original. Not sure if you could before but I don't remember seeing that option before. I haven't emailed more photos don't care to reboot. I keep loosing my dock when I do.

I have checked out some of the previews of projects done in the past. That is neat having that in a bookshelf. I really like the slideshows. Real cool.
bungled

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in hearing from anyone using the new iMovie. I have the '09 and '06 versions on my mini, and have found little to like about '09. The new version looks similar, but I'm a bit interested in the movie trailer feature. Since I use the program mainly to make movies of my kids' sports teams, this would be a neat little lead-in thing to put on a DVD.

I was pretty disappointed that there's nothing new for iWeb. Apple probably figures the program is a dead end, with Facebook, Twitter, etc., but some of us still have a need for independent sites. iWeb has a lot of limitations, but it's great for people who don't have the time or energy to learn HTML and the like.

It appears from the Mac App Store demo that they will be offering each of the iApps individually. I hope this happens, as it would be nice to only pay for what you actually use.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out the email bug that I have. Everyone may not have this. When I would go to send the photos it would ask me for my password. Then from there it would just hang there on sending.

I ended up going to preferences in iphoto and added my password so I didn't have to type it in every time I wanted to send photos. That seemed to have fixed my problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: