123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Intros New iPod nano

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Apple Intros New iPod nano Reply with quote

Apple Intros New iPod nano
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Posted by: Glenn

Apple today unveiled a completely redesigned iPod nano featuring Apple's Multi-Touch interface that lets users navigate their music collection by simply tapping or swiping a finger on the display. Nearly half the size and weight of the previous generation, the new iPod nano features a polished aluminum and glass enclosure with a built-in clip, making it instantly wearable. The new iPod nano also features Genius Mixes, the ability to create and edit playlists, a built-in FM radio with live pause and up to 24 hours of music playback on a single battery charge.

"This the biggest reinvention of the iPod nano since its debut in 2005, and we think users are going to love it," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "Replacing the click wheel with our Multi-Touch interface has enabled us to shrink the iPod nano into an amazingly small design that is instantly wearable with its built-in clip."

The new iPod nano will be available next week for a suggested price of $149 (US) for the 8GB model and $179 (US) for the 16GB model. Both models are available in silver, graphite, blue, green, orange and pink through the Apple Store, Apple's retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers. The 8GB and 16GB iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED is available through the Apple Store and Apple's retail stores.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1540.html
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get this one, the shuffle is tiny which is good but they only offer it in a 2GB model.

So people with larger libraries will be looking to the Nano but it's now so small the screen just looks like it will be a nightmare. My iPod Touch seems tiny after using the iPad I'd hate to have to navigate my library on the new nano Embarassed

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how about that iPod nano watch idea that Steve talked about?

"One of our board of director member is gonna clip it on onto an armband as a watch..."

But I don't see iPod nano armbands in their store.
2nd gen. iPod shuffle (1 GiB)
somefreak90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda disappointed they got rid of movies on it...
ma5ter5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somefreak90 wrote:
I'm kinda disappointed they got rid of movies on it...

i am too. but i can see why apple did it. the 8gb nano was $150, or for $50 more, you could get the larger screen in the touch, not to mention all the other touch features. I could see why the 2" screen was obsolete and the downsized the nano.
iPod Touch 2nd gen 32gb (dead, stupid washing machine incident)
iPod nano 1st gen 4gb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: