123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Games on our Mac Mini HTPC's. A "How-To" please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myminirocks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Games on our Mac Mini HTPC's. A "How-To" please? Reply with quote

Hey guys, one thing I have always wanted to do is to get some element of gaming going on my HTPC. I have spent a few years getting everything else just right and (apart from the issues I am having with my mini-see other posts) I have just about got the HTPC side of things perfect.

So, time to move on to the next project...games...

I have had a read of the Gaming posts here and this is what I am hearing:

1. Nestopia, SNES9X and Sixtyforce are the best emulators (free)
2. The XBox 360 wireless controller works just about perfectly (with game companion?)
3. and there is now a pretty good 'Game Launcher' app in Plex

http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Game_Launcher#Plugin_Name

I was hoping someone here who is using their Mac for Gaming might be able to offer a little post regarding their set up, and lessons learned along the way.....I am getting more impatient in my troubleshooting and my spare time to nut these things out is getting less and less.

Is anyone happily (successfully) running games in an HTPC environment, ie, no keyboard, mouse and launched from a remote control?
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
myminirocks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly gaming is not a big priority for people on this forum, fair enough, it's not mine either, but in my quest to have the 'all doing, all conquering' macmini in town, I have spent a bit if time getting a few games working. It is 2 am here right now and I don't have time to elaborate just yet but Suffice to say, I'm getting there. I will post a 'how to'and a few tips when I get a chance.
Elgato EyeTV Diversity
16G iPhone 3G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: