123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Unveils New 27-inch LED Cinema Display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Apple Unveils New 27-inch LED Cinema Display Reply with quote

Apple Unveils New 27-inch LED Cinema Display
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Posted by: Glenn

Apple today unveiled a new 27-inch LED Cinema with stunning 2560 x 1440 resolution and 60 percent more screen real estate than the 24-inch LED Cinema Display. Featuring a built-in iSight video camera, microphone and speakers, powered USB 2.0 hub, and universal MagSafe connector, the new LED Cinema Display is an ideal companion for the MacBook family or a Mac desktop, and is available for $999.

"With built-in MagSafe charging, iSight camera, speakers, and USB ports, the LED Cinema Display is ideal for MacBook and MacBook Pro users," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "With its massive 2560 x 1440 resolution, the new 27-inch LED Cinema Display is a perfect fit with our powerful new Mac Pro, and it gives iMac users an easy way to double their screen real estate."

The new, larger 27-inch LED Cinema Display features a 16:9 edge-to-edge glass display on an aluminum stand with an adjustable hinge that makes tilting the display almost effortless. The LED Cinema Display has vivid colors and exceptionally high contrast and uses a premium display technology.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1532.html
MacDSmith2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the OCT 09 Mac Mini model can output sound to this new 27 inch monitor via the mini display port or is that broken too?
Active: Mac Mini (OCT 09) 4 GB RAM, 2.66 GHz, 500 GB HDD
pokeeto2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure wished apple stopped making it more and more impossible for one to purchase one of these.

Why can't they do like they did in the past and that is offer different sizes.

a 21.5" Display priced between $399 would be a sweet. Or at least half the price of the 27". Since they already make 21.5" for the iMac, I think it's cost effective for apple and they may sell more displays. Or a 23. You get iSight, Speaker

Not everybody wants a 27" monitor and most wont and can't pay $999.

I cringe every time Apple Posts the Mac Mini with the Cinema Display. The Freaking display costs more than the Mac Mini. So How much does it cost apple do make an iMac???
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pokeeto2 wrote:

Apple's not try to sell this monitor to everyone.

As far as cringing when seeing a Cinema Display with a mini, some owners like myself and Devo smile when we look at ours.

I paid $999 for the 20" model years ago. To me $999 for a 27" seems like a good deal.

Vote with your dollars, don't buy.
pokeeto2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. The way it's priced, it obviously isn't for everyone.

So you have yours paired to a Mini right?? To be honest, it's a better deal to just get a 27" iMac. Or just get a Killer Mac Pro for a little bit more and pair it to any just as capable but more affordable display.

I'm not willing to invest more money onto a display than for a Mac. That makes no sense. Had Apple made a smaller size and priced it right, a lot of people would consider it especially for the $350 price for a 21.5 or 23" for $499 For that price you get a display with USB ports, decent speakers, a Mic and webcam. I would definitely grab one at that price had apple of offered it.

I didn't go iMac the 2nd time around as the Mac Mini I can get without an integrated display. Or shell out $1500 more for a Mac Pro which is impossible.

Bandit Bill wrote:
pokeeto2 wrote:

Apple's not try to sell this monitor to everyone.

As far as cringing when seeing a Cinema Display with a mini, some owners like myself and Devo smile when we look at ours.

I paid $999 for the 20" model years ago. To me $999 for a 27" seems like a good deal.

Vote with your dollars, don't buy.
Aargh-a-Knot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a web and design professional, I have to say that this looks like a great deal. A grand for a high quality 27" display? Sign me up!

If you don't get it, you probably don't need it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: