123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

User Dictionary/Spelling Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: User Dictionary/Spelling Issue Reply with quote

I have been trying to use Dictionary Cleaner, a preference pane, and Dictionary Editor, an application, to edit my user dictionary. I have quite a number of words in my user dictionary located in ~/library/Spelling file, an 'en' file. I can open the file with TextEdit and see the list of words but neither Dictionary Cleaner or Dictionary Editor sees any, or only 1, of the words on the 'en' file.

Any ideas how I can get either of these applications to see my user dictionary? I've tried OpenWith but Dictionary Editor is grayed out.

Thanks in advance
Doug

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contacted the developer of Dictionary Editor. They found the problem, apple changed a delimiter character, fixed the issue and posted the corrected version to their website. Great support and very fast at fixing problems.

I suspect the same issue is affecting Dictionary Cleaner but they have not responded to a support request.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: