123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OSX Mountain Lion - Upgrade done this morning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluenose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: OSX Mountain Lion - Upgrade done this morning Reply with quote

Anyone else upgraded yet? Ddi it this morning - all went ok - Safari seems a bit slicker - prefer the search in the address bar. Like the fact that imessage is now on the mac.

Interested to hear anyone else's thoughts
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my MacBook pro on Thursday night, it took a while but did seem a bit more spritely running ML compared to Lion. The MBP is now mainly used by the family, my main machine is my mini. I haven't used the MBP much since the upgrade but I've had no complaints from the rest of the family. So I might update my Mini tomorrow and have a proper play with ML.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded last night as well. I never had much of a chance to use it because I did so many things prior to the upgrade.

I ran software updates, cloned my drive, ran Onyx, cloned my drive again. I downloaded ML then made a bootable USB ML key. Then I completed the Lion install.

I did check out the preferences panel, which didn't change much and I used Safari. I personally prefer the Google search engine field the way it was before. I like to be able to cut and paste or type into a blank field. I know why they did it, because half the world doesn't know the difference between a URL and a Google search. This simplifies things. Also if you don't quite get a URL correct likely Google will pop up the info needed to get to where you want to go.

I also had an issue where I am unable to change the desktop wallpaper in my user account. I can change it in my GFs account and we are both standard users, so I'm not sure what is going on.

I look forward to using some of the new features tonight, but I'm quite surprised how similar it looks to Lion. Notification center and the dock are about the only two things that really stood out to me. I also recall the overall colors looking different..
tom d

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded my 2011 mac mini 2 days ago and over all for me it is about the same as lion. I am experiencing some problems with firefox not loading pages, or when it does it is slowww. I also had the same problem with safari, I googled and found a fix on Apple support that said to go to finder and click go then delete the db file it made it much better.

I still like my 2010 mini and snow leopard much better, I will probably sell the new mini as I have a macbook pro 2010 which uses SL and my wife is just starting to understand it.

tom d
jb
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom d wrote:
I googled and found a fix on Apple support that said to go to finder and click go then delete the db file it made it much better.

Can you elaborate on this a bit, or maybe supply the link to Apple support?
tom d

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick reply, go to top of screen in FINDER and click "GO" hold down the option key which will make library visable keep option key down and find Safari and delete db file. tom d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: