123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When Do New Ipods Come Out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taylorm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyBoy wrote:
trustory wrote:
It will almost certainly be September, thats historically when it happens.

Shocked Long time, no see! Very Happy

May be in the beginning of next year
robertadams

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today, a lot of pretty cool and more featured gadgets are available on the market....
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertadams wrote:
today, a lot of pretty cool and more featured gadgets are available on the market....

Other than phones or an iPad, what other devices are out there?

I started this thread two years ago. I was very disappointed with last years iPod Touch update. All they added was a color choice. I couldn't bring myself to get one just for white. The year before that I didn't have the money for one.

Will this years model have a bigger screen ahead of the iPhone introduction? Will it get the A5? Not too long from now the iPod Touch will be able to function as a home computer in a pocket. Already it is as powerful as a desktop computer from ten years ago. IOS devices can share images on TV screens. If that functionality were available in all programs then iWork could be utilized on an iPod Touch as a productivity device with an external keyboard.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the latest iPod touch for controlling music from my stereo. I got to say I really am not very pleased with it. So clunky and unresponsive compared to an iPad. Thing just is slow as molasses right out of the box, and crashed apps more than I am used to.

I would really like it if it were faster and more stable. I can't use Safari on it just like dial up. Simple things to like just looking at settings when scrolling down you see it just have a stuttering jerky visual effect. Not smooth in scrolling like the cpu is outdated by half a decade for the operating system. Also seems like your charging just as much as your using it.
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray do you think your iPod is defective? Are there other applications operating in the background that are using up your CPU?

I haven't played with an iPod Touch for more than two minutes. I did spend some time with an iPad 2. It seemed to work well.

I've decided that I will either get a 7'' tablet of some kind or a smart phone. I'll only get the phone if my new job will pay for it. Due to some changes in my work at home activities my tech needs have changed.

A year ago I wanted to get a tablet or even an iPod Touch to do limited work with iWork and use the device for entertainment purposes. Now I'm learning video editing and production for business marketing. Putting my money towards a better computer with an i7 or better processor makes more sense now. I still want a small 7'' tablet for reading e-books and watching movies. It will also be a good device to show people my videos when I'm away from home. The Nook, Kindle, or Nexus 7 will get that job done for less than an iPod Touch and much less than an iPad.

Unless somebody can convince me there is a better alternative to an Apple product, I'm waiting until the end of September. By then I'll know if Apple is making a 7'' tablet this year. I do believe there are great products out there that aren't made by Apple. The seven inch screen size is mandatory now. The Nook Color and Kindle Fire are sized just right.

I would pay a little more (not much) for an Apple 7" tablet just to get iWork.

Smallwheels
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be but I am not sure. Everything works just not great. Sometimes you got to tap on airplay a few times for it show any options. Even swiping through the app pages you see a little jitter ( not always though). I have ran it with a few apps and boat load of apps not much difference in performance. Right out of the box yesterday it was wonky and after a system update a tad smoother not much. Maybe I just expected to much for it, but for about a hundred more you could get an ipad2 refurbished that is leaps and bounds better.

Edit update: I sent it back just wasn't worth it. I will save my money for another iPad down the road or try out a newer iPod in the future. It seemed like a money pit probably had to buy a whole new wireless setup for it as well. The performance is not what I am used to from apple. Even if it worked like i wanted it to it still to close to a refurb iPad to justify the cost.
ChevroletChap

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite good to see a thread that was posted a couple of years ago. Fast forward now and we have the iPhone and iPads. Itís a shame that currently I only have a couple of Apple goodies (iPod shuffle and iPhone), well if only my income has permitted me to purchase all Apple had to and will offer, I'd grab em for sure! I only have those two but I have great respect for them- really a great source of entertainment! Thank God for the iPhone I got everything I need to keep me sane. LOL! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: