123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iSkysoft Media converter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sylvanis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: iSkysoft Media converter Reply with quote

Does anyone here have any experience with iSkysofts Media Converter software? I'm trying to find something that will be easy enough for my wife to use in ripping and converting. I was looking for ana all in one setup. any thoughts?

Question 2:
can someone point me to a good reference to conversion settings? with 1080p tbs I'll be using, I want to get the best picture out of this...the challenge may be that I was hoping to also u the files on an iPad, which can only do 720p. does anyone know if need 2 different files(mp4)?
tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Video_TS folders, there much larger, but i can put my ripped movies on blank DVDs.

I use a few rippers MTR & Ripit, along with handBrake and Forty-TwoDVD-VXPlus converters mostly for my sons PSP or iPod.

I noticed about a month ago Ripit added a compression feature high quality mp4 & other outputs for iPod/iPhone Apple TV and a few others.

IMO, it was Much faster then HB and good quality. But then again i dont care much for compressed video. I tried it out of curiosity, it was very good.

I just tried it again, It ripped & compressed a 5.7 GB movie with one click in under an hour to mp4

sylvanis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks awesome...is it a registered version, as their site doesn't show the conversion option.
tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sylvanis wrote:
That looks awesome...is it a registered version, as their site doesn't show the conversion option.

Yes it is the registered version. I don't know if "compress" is available on the trial version. IMO, it should be.
sylvanis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in the trial version
o_mega05

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bit the bullet last night with iskysoft media converter and have been happy with it so far. It's very user friendly with a bunch of user presets. I mainly use it to convert MPEG to MP4 for my iPad and works fairly quick. Took only 45 minutes to convert a 4.5GB movie with the highest quality iPad settings. It only shaved off 1GB though.

As for ripping I use Mac DVDRipper Pro, and have been happy with it thus far.

I tried handbrake and it was giving me audio issues when converting my MPEG files. It was also slowing down my Mini so I had to do a reboot after every conversion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: