123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 7/OSX 10.4.11?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnnieK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Windows 7/OSX 10.4.11? Reply with quote

My boyfriend and I were thinking of getting a Mac Mini. I simply need a place to dump a bunch of memory off my MacBookPro that I can access pretty easily (photos, mainly) and my boyfriend wants to set up a way to play music, network and all sorts of other things so we can both file share, save on memory, and basically go completely wireless.
However, he runs windows 7 and I am on OSX 10.4.11. The point of the Mac Mini is to extend the life of my powerbook, with some useful other features.

Is it possible, as in not a huge, expensive hassle, to use a Mac Mini with both of those operating systems, or should I just get an external hard drive for physical photo storage (everything is already backed up online) and forget the fancy configurations my boyfriend is dreaming of?
bazzlevi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: network Reply with quote

They can be easily set up to network with Windows 7. Both the Windows computer and the Mac will need some minor tweaking, but once that's done they network quite easily.

That's the answer for the generic situation. If you were to give more details about the specific programs you and your boyfriend are using (iPhoto? iTunes?), I could give a more specific answer about how that might work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: