123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xbox 360
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
That Samsung looks very nice. I'm not sure about the qualty compared to others, but on plain looks. It's a contender.

Yea, it looks really nice in person. They also have 42" and 46" models that look the same. You can buy the same silver and glass stand for both. There is a Sony 42" for $1800 that also has a nice picture. I'm really looking for something under $2000. I don't know if you've been into a Circuit City or Best Buy lately, but it's really confusing when it comes to TVs. If anyone else has some input about other models, let me know.
TheBattler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leander wrote:
nice screen.

the 360 looks a little out of place stuck on the floor like that.

are those kids toys on the right hand side of the tv?? better not let them see that 360 sitting there.. Wink

Heh yeah, haven't had time to clean my TV shelf cabinets and find a spot for it. The story behind the toys is that there was a long line at MY house to play the 360. In between turns it got a little boring..

1.42 ghz mini, Bluetooth/Airport, 1gb Ram, Superdrive, 80gb 7200RPM (internal)

60gb 5th gen iPod
TheBattler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmen65 wrote:
I need a bigger tv! Sad

I bet 1080i really looks good with the 360. I've been looking around for a new TV for the past few months. The probelm is, there are so many GD models to choose from. There is a Samsung 50" DLP at Circuit City for $2250 that looked nice in person.

Paying $2300 for a TV that can process 720p at it's highest is expensive, albeit a 50'' DLP. I think this is a way better offer if you're willing to sacrifice size for superior image quality, http://store.yahoo.com/col88/viewsvpw450hd.html

60gb 5th gen iPod
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBattler wrote:
xmen65 wrote:
I need a bigger tv! Sad

I bet 1080i really looks good with the 360. I've been looking around for a new TV for the past few months. The probelm is, there are so many GD models to choose from. There is a Samsung 50" DLP at Circuit City for $2250 that looked nice in person.

Paying $2300 for a TV that can process 720p at it's highest is expensive, albeit a 50'' DLP. I think this is a way better offer if you're willing to sacrifice size for superior image quality, http://store.yahoo.com/col88/viewsvpw450hd.html

I think I would stick with the Samsung after reading this review.
colt .45

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got mine last week. Loving it.
TheBattler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning Xbox Live, post your Gamertag, what games you play and a picture of your setup. My Gamertag is PhantomShocks and I play Call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Quake 4, Need for Speed, and Kameo offline. You can see my setup if you scroll up a little.

60gb 5th gen iPod
colt .45

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBattler wrote:
Concerning Xbox Live, post your Gamertag, what games you play and a picture of your setup. My Gamertag is PhantomShocks and I play Call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Quake 4, Need for Speed, and Kameo offline. You can see my setup if you scroll up a little.
I got your message!

My games are COD2 and PGR3. Smile
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... After figuring out that I am not actually going to owe any money for taxes this year (which was a big surprise with my stock selling activity!) I got the go ahead from my wife to buy an Xbox 360...

Well, let's just say I called a million stores in the Northern VA area, and nobody had them. The EBGames store by my house told me that they still have 15 people who pre-orderd that are ahead of me on the list and they are getting 1-2 360's a week.. Ouchh.

So, I happened to be leaving my local Best Buy (after I had previously called and was told that they had zero) and as I was leaving the store asked an employee if they knew when the next shipment of 360s were coming. The guy told me that he actually still had one premium in the back and that it was mine if I wanted it (they got two in that morning)!! I jumped on it!!

Wow.. I loved the original Xbox, but the 360 blows it away.. It is hooked up to my Samsung 56" DLP running in 1080i and looks and sounds amazing with my audio system.. The thing looks like something that Apple would design and the wireless remote and interface are really great..

I bought NHL06 and Call of Duty 2.. I have not even played Hockey because I am completely hooked on COD2... It is amazing..

Anyway, I cannot believe how awesome this system is. I was going to wait for the PS3, but after reading about the two consoles and wieghing the pros and cons I thought the 360 would be the better deal (can anyone say Halo 3!)..

As much as I hate Microsoft, the 360 is a winner....
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ack_mac wrote:

As much as I hate Microsoft, the 360 is a winner....

My best friend told me that Xbox Live is fantastic. I'm still going to wait around for the PS3 and see what happens. You never know... I could end up buying a Microsoft product. Shocked It seems like Microsoft is taking the lead in online play. That's really compelling to me!

I also noticed that Amazon says they have the Xbox 360 back in stock for anyone looking. I don't know what systems or bundles they have. Some of those bundles seemed like a big rip when I looked last time. I'm sure they'll do the same thing with the PS3. It's a modern day bait and switch.
kenbodude

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The xbox 360 looks very impressive. I will not be getting one anytime soon becuase I just bought my regular xbox about 8 months ago and still am having loads of fun with it. I want to get a good use out of my original xbox before I buy the next one.
christian3807

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenbodude wrote:
The xbox 360 looks very impressive. I will not be getting one anytime soon becuase I just bought my regular xbox about 8 months ago and still am having loads of fun with it. I want to get a good use out of my original xbox before I buy the next one.

I got my Xbox last Christmas... it's very fun....
So'll wait for the X360(after I get a Mac Laughing )
I'm gonna hook it up to my pc monitor via the VGA cord... since I can't afford HDTV

PS3 --- ehh...no a fan of the controller or genre of games...
Nintendo Revolution -- want to see how it will work out
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenbodude wrote:

That is smart. I bought the previous generation Xbox right after it came out and love it. My Mac is my computer, but my Xbox is my gaming console of choice Smile
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christian3807 wrote:
kenbodude wrote:

I got my Xbox last Christmas... it's very fun....
So'll wait for the X360(after I get a Mac Laughing )
I'm gonna hook it up to my pc monitor via the VGA cord... since I can't afford HDTV

PS3 --- ehh...no a fan of the controller or genre of games...
Nintendo Revolution -- want to see how it will work out

Honestly, I would buy an HD monitor or TV before I would even consider buying the 360.. That is probably the biggest strength of the 360 (HD).. It is truly amazing.
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ack_mac wrote:
Honestly, I would buy an HD monitor or TV before I would even consider buying the 360.. That is probably the biggest strength of the 360 (HD).. It is truly amazing.

I've been looking around for a TV for months. Not just for my 360, but for general viewing. I just can't decide what model to buy. The good news is: prices keep dropping while I've been looking around. I really would like to buy something from Sony. Every Sony I've seen in Circuit City or Best Buy looks better than anything from Samsung, Hitachi, or Panasonic. They clearly *no pun intended* have the best sets out there.
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmen65 wrote:
ack_mac wrote:

I've been looking around for a TV for months. Not just for my 360, but for general viewing. I just can't decide what model to buy. The good news is: prices keep dropping while I've been looking around. I really would like to buy something from Sony. Every Sony I've seen in Circuit City or Best Buy looks better than anything from Samsung, Hitachi, or Panasonic. They clearly *no pun intended* have the best sets out there.

The Sony's are very nice... But, I bought my Samsung DLP from a local wholesaler who sells them refurbished for a ton less... At the time, the same 56" model was close to $1000 more at Circuit City and other retail stores. I picked up an extended warranty for $170 and have not regretted the decision once.

The other thing that you have to be careful of when buying a TV is that most retail stores do not have the TV's tuned correctly. I have a copy of Digital Video Essentials that I use to tune all my televisions and monitors. The factory settings Samsung are usually decent, but even then I ended up making quite a few modifications before I got the picture just right..

I love Sony televisions, but I just could not justify the extra $1200-1400 over the Samsung when I bought mine..

I bought my TV here:
Quote:
http://www.7e4.com/

Since they were within driving distance (and I had an SUV) I saved about $300 on shipping. I have had several co-workers buy here and they sell on Ebay a ton as well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: