123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has Bluetooth/Airport kit been discontinued?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbojanower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Has Bluetooth/Airport kit been discontinued? Reply with quote

I just got back from the new Apple store in Salt Lake City trying to arrange for my 1st gen Mini to get upgraded with Bluetooth/Airport.

Granted the store has only been open for 2 days, but try as hard as they could, they could not find anything in their parts system for the Bluetooth/Airport upgrade kit. They even tried Google to get the part number and searched on that, but no luck.

Does anyone know where they should look so I can direct them to it. Or has this kit been discontinued? (I noticed many online stores are saying call for availability)

Thanks, if they dont find the kit tommorrow I guess I will by one online and install it myself.
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Apple would just discontinue the Bluetooth/Airport upgrade kit, unless there is some sort of parts shortage. I bet the sales people at the new store don't know what they are doing yet. The Apple Part number for the kit is M9870Z/A. You can buy the kit from Mac Pro if they can't get you one. Maybe they will install it for you.

http://www.mac-pro.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.333/it.A/id.1501/.f
cbojanower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link.

They are going to have the inventory guy look for it tommorrow, to their credit they tried for almost an hour to find it, but everywhere they looked it was a dead end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: