123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did Anyone Here Order An iPad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Did Anyone Here Order An iPad? Reply with quote

Did anyone here order an iPad on Friday? The pre-order report seemed to show a strong interest in the iPad.

I wonder if there will ever be any refurbished models available since Apple is offering to replace all units with battery related problems or when the batteries wear out. Maybe Apple will horde all of the returned models and use them for the replacements.

I don't have the money for one right now. I'll get one by June unless I can't wait any longer. In that case I'll sell my Mac Book and order one.

Smallwheels
www.MrMoneyHelper.com
http://DoNotDieYet.blogspot.com
www.MySpace.com/Beninate
imola.zhp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no

Current
32g iPhone4; 13" MBP 2.4/4g Ram/250g hd; 1TB TC; 2 ATV2's; Airport Express

Previous
8g iPhone Edge; 32g iPhone 3gS
8g iPod Nano (2nd); 16g iPod Nano (6th)
Mini 2.0/4g Ram/120g hd
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we did, My wife is having her's shipped and I'm picking up mine at the store. Sold my two NetBooks as a downpayment. I am so sorry I bought those... slow and crappy..
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
gigaguy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPads as refurbs is a good question. I don't believe Apple ever offered iPhones as refurbs due to the service plan requirements. iPad has plan options, but not required, so iPads may join the refurb lineup. I'd say yes, but might be a while.

I'd like one to play with but I don't need it and never needed a laptop either. I already surf on my sofa with my Mini hooked to my HDTV. I'd want the 3G one for away from home use, and I'd want about $100 in accessories (case, dock, AC adapter), and 32gb seems like it's worth $100 upgrade, so where am I, like $830 plus tax - it all adds up!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caved in Bandit. Laughing

I ordered a 16GB wifi for the wife today. She's been having such a rough time and I thought it would give her something new to mess around with for the next couple weeks. It's also getting a little harder to use a laptop on the old lap, if you know what I mean. I'm not sure if it will replace her Kindle for reading books though, but we'll see.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I caved in Bandit. Laughing

I ordered a 16GB wifi for the wife today. She's been having such a rough time and I thought it would give her something new to mess around with for the next couple weeks. It's also getting a little harder to use a laptop on the old lap, if you know what I mean. I'm not sure if it will replace her Kindle for reading books though, but we'll see.

That's cool. I'm sure she will love it and get a lot of use out of it.

I'm glad you're getting one. I like your reviews. You're like Devorak Laughing

Last edited by Bandit Bill on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
imola.zhp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigaguy wrote:
iPads as refurbs is a good question. I don't believe Apple ever offered iPhones as refurbs due to the service plan requirements. iPad has plan options, but not required, so iPads may join the refurb lineup. I'd say yes, but might be a while.

They used to offer refurb iPhones on their own website, but switched to exclusively selling through ATT.

My roommate has a refub 8gig 3g, he paid $50 with a 2 year contract, hell of a deal if you ask me. Some people who have ordered that phone have received 16gig units too, just like some have ordered refurb mini's and received refurb mini's with upgrades...

-----

On topic though, if they make is so I can buy and download my text-books onto an iPad, I would buy one. Swap 20-30lbs of books for a light iPad, sign me up! I have so many books I carry a crate and swap them into and out of my backpack as needed. Then again, if they do start putting text books on the iPad, then I would think you would be able to get them on a MBP too. I'll be buying a 13" MBP whenever they update next (rumored to last Tuesday with Intel's chip release, hopefully just delayed a week).

Current
32g iPhone4; 13" MBP 2.4/4g Ram/250g hd; 1TB TC; 2 ATV2's; Airport Express

Previous
8g iPhone Edge; 32g iPhone 3gS
8g iPod Nano (2nd); 16g iPod Nano (6th)
Mini 2.0/4g Ram/120g hd
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I'm glad your getting one. I like your reviews. You're like Devorak Laughing

I don't think there's going to be a lot to say. It's pretty much a giant iPod touch. And so it begins...
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reserved mine and will be picking it up at the Walt Whitman Mall Apple store on Saturday the 3rd. I had to do it.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of funny. There are times going about my day that I think "It would be nice to have an iPad right now" Smile

When I didn't know it existed I never would have thought these thoughts.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
It's kind of funny. There are times going about my day that I think "It would be nice to have an iPad right now" Smile

When I didn't know it existed I never would have thought these thoughts.

For two people that were unsure about the iPad, we sure came around fast. I have one on order and you can't stop thinking about it. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: