123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Is Video Played On An iPhone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: How Is Video Played On An iPhone? Reply with quote

How is video played on an iPhone? Since I'm interested in the iPad and nobody has an iPad, I thought I'd ask how to put video on an iPhone.

I have the VLC player on my HP Vista computer. I've only copied two DVDs and I don't really save videos. How would I play those files on an iPhone/iPad? How would I play any DVD on those devices? I don't own a smart phone and have no experience with them. Is it easy to do or must everything be purchased through iTunes?

I need to know how to do this since part of the reason for buying an iPad is for the ability to watch videos anywhere in my home.

Smallwheels
www.MrMoneyHelper.com
http://DoNotDieYet.blogspot.com
www.MySpace.com/Beninate
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smallwheels,

Use Handbrake to rip/transcode the movie from the DVD, then copy to your iTunes movie folder and sync. If you want to you can edit the tags, add information and DVD covers in iTunes or other 3rd party applications. For Handbrake I use the Apple Universal preset and the m4v files play on my Mac, iPhone and iPod without problems.

Handbrake is a great tool to have for video file conversion. http://handbrake.fr/
shadrach

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know and other smart phone user people thinks that it is very easy to transfer any videos to the iPhone but I have purchased iPhone just a few days ago and do not have used any other smart phone that is why I need to know about this tips. I think there are more people who also needs to know about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: