123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BenQ Display for Mac Mini [Updated]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: BenQ Display for Mac Mini [Updated] Reply with quote

BenQ Display for Mac Mini
Monday November 14, 2005

Are you looking for a display that perfectly matches the Mac mini? Our friends over at HardMac are reporting that BenQ is going to release a 19" LCD designed for the Mac mini. According to BenQ, "The display features a unique base stand which offers a perfect place to keep stationery, external drives, media player, or even a small computer system, like the Mac mini. The handy two-way cable management design provides two helpful ways to manage cable clutter and the adjustable screen position feature ensures optimal viewing and comfort." The LCD comes with a three-year warranty, and will cost around $450 in the United States.

[Update:] We spoke with BenQ about the display. The display mentioned on HardMac is called the FP93V LCD. The FP93V is currently available in France, Netherlands, Russia, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, and Japan. The FP93V will be available in the United States in January with a street price of $399-$419. More information can be found here.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/393.html

Last edited by admin on Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:18 pm; edited 8 times in total
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BenQ Display for Mac Mini Reply with quote

That is a sweet looking monitor... Definitely a little pricy, but sweet nonetheless...
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen some better pictures of it?
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
cinemafia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! Specs seem great, the docking station sounds great (hello, Apple?), and the price is really not bad. I won't have $450 to spend on it anyway, but if I did, I'd definitely go for this.
Charles
News Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
Has anyone seen some better pictures of it?

You can see another picture of the display and detailed specs here.

Charles
jedillwag

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Here you go. Reply with quote

I like it, but wonder about the cable management. Also it says dual input so is it selectable by button.

Anyway

http://www.clubic.com/actualite-29074-benq-devoile-l-ecran-lcd-pour-mac-mini.html

Click on the pics for full res.
diulei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why spend $500+ on the Mac Mini and then spend $450+ on a monitor when you could get a iMac with better specs? Esp. when the "switch" campaign is targetting people who already have monitors.

Just wondering. But I do think this is a cool idea.

EDIT: Also, why didn't they think of adding some USB/Firewire ports to the monitor? That would make cable management MUCH easier.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles, jedillwag. Thanks for the links!

I'm not crazy about the buttons down the left side, but it's still a pretty cool idea.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
ozwald

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diulei wrote:
Why spend $500+ on the Mac Mini and then spend $450+ on a monitor when you could get a iMac with better specs? Esp. when the "switch" campaign is targetting people who already have monitors.

1. The Mac Mini is really cool.
2. If display goes bad on the iMac, your whole computer is out of operation.
3. iMac is ugly IMHO. (Don't stone me!)

But anyways, I'm really thinking about getting one of these...coolness. Very Happy
LouieMacGoo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would have put this in the must have catagory is if they had incorporated a docking station with USB & Firewire connections on front and back! Simply slide the Mini into the dock and your good to go. For someone that carries their Mini back and forth to work and having one monitor/minidock at both locations would be fantastic!!! Cool
G3 iMac DV 400mhz 512mg RAM 40gb HD, SuperDrive
Follow me http://twitter.com/louiemacgoo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozwald wrote:
diulei wrote:

1. The Mac Mini is really cool.
2. If display goes bad on the iMac, your whole computer is out of operation.
3. iMac is ugly IMHO. (Don't stone me!)

But anyways, I'm really thinking about getting one of these...coolness. Very Happy

I own both machines. I probably worry about the iMac's longevity more than the mini. The iMac is a great machine if you can look past the all-in-one design. I know a few people around here aren’t fans of the iMac. My next computers will probably be the Intel PowerBook and mini. I plan on selling these two on eBay.
iLife's a Bitch!
sross

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sure beat apple to the punch with this design. I'm in the market to replace my crt and this would look great since my mini is in my living room. Sounds like it performs well too..
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sross wrote:
They sure beat apple to the punch with this design. I'm in the market to replace my crt and this would look great since my mini is in my living room. Sounds like it performs well too..

I really like this design too. BenQ displays have a decent reputation and the price seems pretty fair. I wouldn't count on Apple making a display just for the mini. They have already fallen asleep at the wheel updated and/or refreshing the Cinemas.
diulei

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a docking station would have been great, with some extra USB/FireWire ports for accessibility.

And then give a discount if you buy 2 for those that want to move the Mini between home/work or something like that.

Wishful thinking.

EDIT: Whoops. looks like someone already posted that. But yes, I still think if a company ever made that they should give discounts for people who buy 2.
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diulei wrote:
I think a docking station would have been great, with some extra USB/FireWire ports for accessibility.

And then give a discount if you buy 2 for those that want to move the Mini between home/work or something like that.

Wishful thinking.

EDIT: Whoops. looks like someone already posted that. But yes, I still think if a company ever made that they should give discounts for people who buy 2.

Maybe someone will design a display that folds up and carries the mini.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: