123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Princeton PC Switcher for Mac Mini
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Posts: 5393
Location: Dunwoody, GA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poisonfist wrote:
I used to recite this statistic all the time when explaining about Japan. I'm sure the numbers have changed over the years but it is probably still pretty close. The entire surface area of Japan is equal to the state of Montana. 75% of Japan's land is mountainous thus, majority live on the remaining 25%. Japan's population is roughly half of the entire US including Hawaii and Alaska. 10% of that population live in Tokyo.



I would love to visit Tokyo before I die. Isn't there one district over there that's real popular with tourists buying electronics in? I can't think of the name.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poisonfist
Member
Member


Joined: 03 Aug 2005
Posts: 176
Location: Chicago-Tokyo-Boston

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
poisonfist wrote:
I used to recite this statistic all the time when explaining about Japan. I'm sure the numbers have changed over the years but it is probably still pretty close. The entire surface area of Japan is equal to the state of Montana. 75% of Japan's land is mountainous thus, majority live on the remaining 25%. Japan's population is roughly half of the entire US including Hawaii and Alaska. 10% of that population live in Tokyo.



I would love to visit Tokyo before I die. Isn't there one district over there that's real popular with tourists buying electronics in? I can't think of the name.


Ah, you speak of Akihabara, aka Akiba. There's a new ginormous electronic mall that opened there which I have not had the chance to visit yet. The place is ridiculous. If you ever make it there, may I suggest leaving your credit card and traveler's checks in your hotel room. You will definitely go broke.
_________________
Mac since '86


328i sport package
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



      

Shop:  Apple Store  |  Refurbished Macs  |  Refurbished iPads  |  MacConnection  |  Mac Mini Vault  |  Other World Computing

MK 1 Studio Mac mini Racks  |  Crucial Mac Memory  |  Top Free Mac Apps  |  Top Paid Mac Apps



123Macmini.com is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or approved by Apple Computer, Inc.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2011 123Macmini.com. All Rights Reserved.