123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Screen Calibration Back To Default Setting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Screen Calibration Back To Default Setting Reply with quote

Is there any way I can get back my Default Screen Calibration Settings on my new iMac? I think I may have over written my Default Settings. I'm not positive my custom setting even saved, but I thought there was a way to get it back to Default just in Case. PRAM wouldn't do that ? Would It? BTW, I don't have Time Machine. Thanks!
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=Dino1956
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dino, i dont hink you can overwrite the original settings. Maybe the "custom" settings didn't save. You would see "iMac calibrated"
FWIW, When it fits in the budget set up Time Machine ASAP.

Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tales, Thanks man! Mine just lists iMac, so I guess I am using default setting & have not changed anything.

On another note, I'm going to exchange my iMac at B&H. I have until Jan. 18th. I'm just biding my time & waiting to the last day I can return it, hoping there will be a newer & perfect batch made this New Year. On Apple Discussions, there is 100's of people going through exchange after exchange & receiving one worse than the other. It's a mess! Mine has the Yellow Tinge & developed Screen Flicker. Strange thing. If I run Onyx, my screen will stop flickering for 2-3 days straight. It's not a bad Video Card as most people are saying. The problem is same on both NVidia & ATI Cards. 27" & 21.5". It seems to be the screen & the screen cable. People who go for that repair wind up with no more problems, so far at least.
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was an Apple store close to you they would let you look at the iMac before taking it.

I had many problems with the 24" iMac i didn't like that screen at all.
As for this one the 27" it seems fine i'm not a fan of glossy screens. My 20" Matte screen iMac is my favorite.
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the machine. It runs great. I don't mind the Glossy Screen. I thought I might, but in my room I hardly ever see a reflection in the glass. My GF says I should get a Refund, but I want this machine. Just one that has no defects. iMovie renders a lot faster than my Mac Mini. Superdrive works great. iSight puts the old external iSight to shame. All in All, I love it!
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: