123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Mouse Helps Apple Double Market Share
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azza wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
I hope the Magic Mouse is a much better mouse. I think it will be very reliable.

How so?

First of all there is no scroll ball. The Mighty Mouse is notorious for having to repeatedly clean the scroll ball. It's probably the highest maintenance mouse in the world in this regard.

Second, the Magic Mouse seems to be an evolution of the Mighty Mouse. Likely the issue that arouse in the first design have now been resolved. I guess well just have to wait and see.

I'll likely keep on using my MicroSoft and Logitech mice. They seemed to have gotten the mouse "right" many years ago.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I assume you're joking as you probably know that I hate ALL Apple mice. I haven't tried the new Magic Mouse out yet, but I'm quite certain that it would be well undersized for my liking.

I know, but I thought you were kinda showing some interest in the Magic Mouse and caving. Wink

Love the keyboard though. It sounds like MacDSmith2 just jumped on board as well.

MacDSmith2 wrote:
You need some "bump" in the mouse to prevent carpel tunnel syndrome. Apple should understand this, having virtually re-invented the whole mouse thing from Xerox over 20 years ago.

There's a little curve there. It's just not high enough though. I mean, that can be said about the entire mouse. It just doesn't feel right in my hand.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, has anyone had an issue with their Magic Mouse, where the two finger Swipe to Navigate does not work?

...the feature stops working on my Mini pretty often, but starts working if I restart. My iMac never has an issue though.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
Just curious, has anyone had an issue with their Magic Mouse, where the two finger Swipe to Navigate does not work?

...the feature stops working on my Mini pretty often, but starts working if I restart. My iMac never has an issue though.

Not really. Do you have other BT devices connected to the Mac mini?
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
ESUNintel wrote:

Not really. Do you have other BT devices connected to the Mac mini?

Thanks, but I don't, just a lot of USB things plugged in. It is the previous 1.83GHz Mini, so it is getting a bit old (maybe that's why).

I did find this after Googling the issue, and it seems to be a problem on Apple's side:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2236505&tstart=0
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
It is the previous 1.83GHz Mini, so it is getting a bit old (maybe that's why).

I have the same model. I have USB and Bluetooth devices connected. No issues at all.

p.s. I don't consider it old Smile Wink my G4 model is old and it still runs like clockwork
lh_newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple promotes the energy efficiency of the Mac Mini, but then comes out with all these wireless devices that use batteries. Does the Magic Mouse have a charging station option that you can use with rechargable batteries? I didn't see one on the Apple store. It would be nice to set the mouse on a charging base when you're done with your computer so you don't have to change batteries.

Speaking of batteries - how long would a set of batteries last in this mouse?

Brian
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lh_newbie wrote:
Apple promotes the energy efficiency of the Mac Mini, but then comes out with all these wireless devices that use batteries. Does the Magic Mouse have a charging station option that you can use with rechargable batteries? I didn't see one on the Apple store. It would be nice to set the mouse on a charging base when you're done with your computer so you don't have to change batteries.

Speaking of batteries - how long would a set of batteries last in this mouse?

Brian

I'm pretty sure there isn't and won't be a charging base for it, it doesn't have the little metal contacts anywhere on the mouse indicating it can be placed on a base. I got two mice the first week of November, and haven't had to replace the batteries in any as of now ...as of yesterday, one of the mice still had 55% battery life, and I never power it off (I would say that mouse gets used about 1-3 hours a day).

I do agree, I wish Apple allowed the ability to charge the mouse. Take a look at this one, it might be a better choice for you, if you really want rechargeable, we use them at work since we're trying to be "green":

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/3443&cl=us,en
...sure, it's pricy, but the saving in batteries will eventually make it a good investment, plus you can use it for presentations in mid-air too. It doesn't do the gestures like the Magic Mouse, so buying rechargeable AA batteries may be a good idea for the Magic.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one thing I really like about my RadTech BT600. It comes with rechargeable batteries and can be charged or used with the front USB port. You're never left stranded that way. Now... it doesn't have that multi-touch goodness of the Magic Mouse, but having 5 buttons isn't that shabby either. I think it's the best mouse I've ever owned.
imola.zhp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Magic Mouse should be waiting on me when I get home from school tonight. I'm tired of cracking open and cleaning the "mighty" mouse scroll ball.

Surprised to see lightly-used mighty mice selling at decently high prices on ebay, maybe I'll get lucky and end up not that deep into the upgrade once I sell mine. Used bing and purchased the magic mouse off of ebay, paid $58.98 shipped and in 2 months I'll get 8% back...

Switching to a 13" MBP soon, but selling my mini setup to my SO, we live together so I'm sure I'll still be on it fairly often, and this way I don't have to continue to crack open and clean the scroll ball wheels.

Current
32g iPhone4; 13" MBP 2.4/4g Ram/250g hd; 1TB TC; 2 ATV2's; Airport Express

Previous
8g iPhone Edge; 32g iPhone 3gS
8g iPod Nano (2nd); 16g iPod Nano (6th)
Mini 2.0/4g Ram/120g hd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: