123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boot Camp Drivers Update 2.2 for Windows Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Boot Camp Drivers Update 2.2 for Windows Released Reply with quote

Boot Camp Drivers Update 2.2 for Windows Released
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Posted by: Kenan

Apple has released the Boot Camp Drivers Update 2.2 for Windows. This update addresses issues with the Apple trackpad and turns off the red digital audio port LED on laptop computers when it is not being used. It also includes support for the Apple Magic mouse and wireless keyboard. The update is intended only for use with Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows Vista (SP2) running on a Mac using Boot Camp. The Boot Camp Drivers Update 2.2 for Windows weighs in at 23.87MB and requires Boot Camp 2.1.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1383.html
Lori Dixon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's all supported with the Magic Mouse in Windows? Just left and right clicking, right?
twitch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait so this is newer than the bootcamp 3.0 drivers that came with snow leopard or just for folks not using snow? Wonder why they didn't update the snow folks as well.
Mac Mini (mid '09) 2 ghz, 4gb ddr3, intel SSD 80gb g2, bose qc2 headphones, 24" Dell LCD 3008wfp + 2408wfp, apple wireless keybd, logitech g7 mouse, hp 2600n color laser printer; lenovo x61 tablet; Blu-ray HTPC/gaming rig win 7
jdryyz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else still having trouble pairing their original Apple Wireless Keyboard under Boot Camp with Windows 7? I just installed the retail version of Win7 (used the RC for a while) and applied the latest Boot Camp drivers from my Snow Leopard install DVD.

It never finds the keyboard. I have to resort to pulling out an old wired USB keyboard. Sucks.

Oh I almost forgot to mention, this is happening with my 2009 Mac Mini with all of the firmware updates applied. I have an older Mac Mini Intel I can use to test it with. I just need to get around to it.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdryyz wrote:
Anyone else still having trouble pairing their original Apple Wireless Keyboard under Boot Camp with Windows 7?

Does it give you a code to pair?
jdryyz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did once and very briefly. As I started to type the code, it interrupted with the message that discovery mode timed out to save power or something like that. The code never appears on every attempt after that. It just sits there trying to connect....

Quote:
Does it give you a code to pair?
caulktel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twitch wrote:
wait so this is newer than the bootcamp 3.0 drivers that came with snow leopard or just for folks not using snow? Wonder why they didn't update the snow folks as well.

I believe this is the same driver that we already have under SL 3.0 drivers, because I can go into the control panel and turn off the inferred led in one of the tabs. Well turning off the the LED is one of the features of the new release.
Also I tried to install the new 2.2 drivers and it reported an error saying it was the wrong OS or something like that. Just my .02 worth.
iPhone 4S 16GB
jdryyz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I went out and picked up a new 2009 Apple Wireless Keyboard and guess what? It pairs just fine under Windows 7. A shame that this step had to be taken. I like the ultra-thin form factor of the new keyboard but it is very uncomfortable if you plan to do a lot of typing.

I was able to take my original wireless keyboard and move it over to my 2007 Mac Mini. It would still not pair with the Windows 7 system on that machine, so the problem isn't tied to the new Mac Mini line. It is a Windows 7 and original Apple Wireless keyboard issue.
jalyst

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna know when the same update is avail for SL users...

It's not entirely clear if this is exactly the same as what comes with SL, and only for Tiger/Leopard users.

Apple's done a terrible job with communicating!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: