123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 7 Wireless Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonCarlos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 Wireless Problems Reply with quote

Well I installed Windows 7 and the audio worked fine,(I thought that was going to be the most mentioned problem that I would deal with); but I cannot get the 2008 mighty mouse aluminum wireless keyboard or mouse to work. I tried various fixes from the net, that included uninstall and reinstall bluetooth devices while in SL, and tried fixes and updates on the Windows side.

Any thoughts or suggestions, or is this something I will have to wait on Apple to release?

One curious thing I read had to do with rolling back the SL bluetooth drivers and reinstalling bluetooth on W7 with the 10.5 Leopard disc.
EXT. HD:Lacie D2Quadra-1TB and WD Studio 2TB
Sometimes wish this mac would crash, or screw up or break, so I can get a newer one and upgrade my OS , but "Oh Well".
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try pairing using 0000? I've had a bugger of a time in the past with XP and Boot Camp with Apple BT mouses, this pairing worked for the magic mouse and XP a few weeks ago.

I'm assuming you installed under Boot Camp, if so you may need to wait a while for Apple to update Boot Camp and perhaps drivers for 7.
3.5GHz 6C MP, D700s
DonCarlos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Thanks for your suggestion, but I did find a solution that worked for me (perhaps it will help someone else). Follow this while you are in Windows.

1) Switch off the device you want to pair
2) Select "add a device" in the Bluetooth menu
3) Switch on the device (after few second it should get detected by windows)
4) Now, right click on the device and select properties. You should now get a window with the different services.
5) select the HID drivers for keyboard and mice and click OK (this is the important part)
6a) In windows 7 it should setup mouse and keyboard without any additional input

I found this at posted by S_ Eye at http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2057008&start=0&tstart=0
EXT. HD:Lacie D2Quadra-1TB and WD Studio 2TB
Sometimes wish this mac would crash, or screw up or break, so I can get a newer one and upgrade my OS , but "Oh Well".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: