123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iMac Model Comparison MB950LLA vs. TD42518R Help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did ya get it today?
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I Did Tales!!!! So excited! I opened the first Brown Box B&H use as Cushion & then they put it in yet another tighter Brown Box & then the Apple Box. So right now this Brown Box is sitting in my Living Room & I can't touch it until Christmas. I feel like I'm 10 all over again. Smile I hope no issues. They packed it well. I bought my Mini from them. Same drill. I'll update on Christmas what my feelings are. I'm sure I'm going to love it. I watched enough Unboxing Vids & Review Vids to not be too Surprised. Thanks for thinking of me & asking. YES! (the Band) Picked up their first 2 CD's at J&R on my Visit to NY in Sept 2009. Bonus Tracks & they sound Excellent.
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=Dino1956
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three pieces of styrofoam on the top. I took out the box, then the center styrofoam, the two sides are loose, remove them.

I put both hands all the way down the back of the iMac and grabbed it over the speakers & pulled it straight up. Do it the way you feel comfortable.

One thing, My first 24" iMac s optical drive failed after three weeks of purchase, Apple has a 30 day DOA if anything goes wrong they are to replace it, don't let them fix it, its a new rig.

They replaced it with another 24" two weeks later it would turn on/off by itself, then the screen had a bunch of color lines.

Apple replaced it with another 24" Two weeks later the new iMac came out still under the 30 day warranty i had the option of returning an open box for 10% restocking fee.

$150 + the difference of the new 27" iMac it was ours.

Like you said "Good Things Come to Those who wait"

My point, is make sure your 30 days DOA warranty starts on Christmas!
Call Apple customer relations & tell them who bought it was for a Christmas gift & cant be tested until then. And your a long time loyal customer & would like the 30 day trial to begin on the 25th.

I bought my son the 32GB iPod Touch from Apple's online store (Free Engraving) on Black Friday $31 off. It came today (next year they will most likely add a camera)

You must upgrade to 10.6.2

Good Luck!
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have the new iMac & the one before ? Wow! Nice! So you had an ordeal. I already contacted B&H & they informed me anything bought Black Friday & on, the return/Exchange is extended until January 18th. That a little less than 30 Days! Smile Anyway, you had a lot of issues. Was that with the most recent iMac Late 2009 ? Man, I hope I get Lucky. My Mini worked like a Pro from the day I got. Still does. Knock on Wood! Smile

Funny, I too bought an iTouch from Apple on Black Friday for my Stepdaughter. Got it Engraved. Came from China.

So I should contact Apple about my iMac, just to be sure, you think ?
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a dweeb on the phone. He Tells me he cannot extend. Warranty & 90 Day Apple Care start the day it is Purchased. No "30 Day Trial". Maybe since I did not buy directly from Apple & I bought from B&H. Oh well! Sad
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, my wife is a graphic designer she was doing a magazine & the HD failed on our 06 iMac. too much to fix & would have taken over a week, she didn't have that time.

We bought the early 09 24" iMac it failed & was replaced that one also failed, replaced again had minor problems but was in the 30 day return policy, since it was working we paid a $150 restocking fee. Ended up with the late 09 27" bigger & better screen, larger HD (360GB larger) newer Wireless keyboard & Magic Mouse SD slot, thiner, better speakers.

27" More room to separate the The CPU and the GPU runs quiet & cool.

All the problems were with the early 09 24" No problems with the late 09.

Remember B&H is NOT an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

You do get 30 days from Apple if you bought it from B&H, i did. But i had to return it to a Apple store for replacement. And every time they changed it a got 30 days again.

Did you talk to customer relations? ask to speak to them, they have the authority to do things like this.

When i called the regular person told me to bring in the 24" for a new OD, i asked for
customer relations & they set me up with a new iMac 3 times.

It wont hurt to ask them it they could start the 30 day warranty on the 25th

"Dead On Arrival (DOA) Product: System Failure Out of the Box
An Apple-branded hardware product is considered DOA if it shows symptoms of a hardware failure, preventing basic operability, when you first use it after opening the box. If you believe that your product is DOA, please call AppleCare Technical Support at 1-800-APL-CARE (1-800-275-2273) within 30 calendar days of the invoice date. AppleCare Technical Support will determine whether the product is DOA and offer you the following options:

Replacement: Apple, at its expense, will ship another of the same product. AppleCare Technical Support will put you in touch with an Apple Store Customer Service Representative who will arrange for replacement and the DOA product’s return.

Service: You may have the product repaired. However, once you choose that option, you may not request replacement of the product."
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally got someone From Customer Relations who speaks the English Language well & he is telling me it would have to be bought from Apple for me to get a Trial 30 Day Starting Dec 25th. I'm not stressing. Hopefully there will be no I issues. The rep gave me his Contact Info should I have a Problem & a Case Number.
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be fine Enjoy!
tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Funny, I too bought an iTouch from Apple on Black Friday for my Stepdaughter. Got it Engraved. Came from China."

Did you purchase AppleCare for the iPod?
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I didn't. I'm on my 6th iPod & Never had any issues. She'll Probably Crack it in Half before anything hardware wise goes wrong. Smile
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have two, no problems. I was thinking every time i go into the Apple store for a new mighty mouse there is a lot of people at the "Genius Bar"
with iPods.

I just found iPod AC on eBay for $22 i think im going for it.
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$22.is not a bad Price. Does that give you 3 Years ? I always wondered how you buy Apple Protection on eBay. How does that all work ? I would think for a Warranty you'd have to buy it directly from Apple or the Store you bought it from. But I know that's not correct.
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its $60 from Apple. iPod AC is two years unlike the computers thats 3 years.

I think with the iPod you get 1 year complimentary & 90 days of phone support, but you get a single incident of complimentary telephone technical support with the iPod in the 90 days.

I use my phone support a lot Apple resolved many issues over the phone.

AppleCare extends it to unlimited telephone technical support & 2 total years of coverage battery under 50% of charge, earphones & software problems.

As for eBay most of them are Apple Authorized Resellers.
I bought AC for my Cube two minis & two iMacs from eBay.

Some sellers just send you the code, i had AC on the 27" iMac after two hours of payment.

It should be bought from a seller in the states & i while back someone posted there was a law in Florida that warranties had to be bought in the state.

I doubt Apple would agree to that, if its a gift from someone out of state. They just add the AC to the product.
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tales, Opened that Bad Boy up today & I can tell you this. I don't think I was happier with any other computer. Apple Displays are gorgeous! So far, this is better than my Mac Mini first impression. And that impression was Outstanding. I will never buy another PC as long as I live. I'm kind of glad not everyone uses a Mac. Maybe that's part of the reason Apple designs such exceptional Products.
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy it, my friend. I'm sure you will. It's a cool looking computer. I didn't have a chance to check it out at the Apple Store due to the crowds there when I bought my Magic Mouse. I love the mouse, I just need to get use to it, I find myself recklessly scrolling.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: