123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Review: Marware Sportfolio for Mac mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Review: Marware Sportfolio for Mac mini Reply with quote

Review: Marware Sportfolio for Mac mini
Tuesday August 16, 2005

The Marware Sportfolio for Mac mini is an excellent bag for transporting your Mac mini. The neoprene bag comes in black and measures 7.5" X 4.5" X 7.25". There are two large interior compartments with dual lined zippers for easy opening and two soft neoprene handles for carrying. Lining the zippers with neoprene prevents the Mac mini from getting scratched. You can use either of the Sportfolio's compartments for storing the Mac mini. The extra compartment can be used for the power supply, additional peripherals and cables. A blue neoprene exterior stretchy pocket on the bag's front is perfect for holding CDs, DVDs or extra cables.

Hard plastic inserts and extra edge padding are sandwiched in between neoprene layers on the sides of the bag to ensure maximum protection. There's another hard piece of plastic sandwiched in between the two compartments giving the bag more strength and structure. The bottom and sides of the Sportfolio are made out of vulcanized rubber. This adds more protection and prevents the bag from sliding when standing upright.

You can use the Sportfolio for Mac mini as a carrying bag with the included shoulder strap, or remove the strap and use it as a protective case when placing your mini in a travel case or backpack. The shoulder strap has a rubberized shock-absorbing cushion to save your shoulder from wear and tear. It connects to metal rings on each side of the bag with two heavy-duty metal swivel clips. It would have been easy to use plastic rings and clips here folks, but Marware went the extra step to ensure durability and quality by using metal. The shoulder strap can be adjusted for maximum comfort and is easily removable.

Overall, we can recommend the Marware Sportfolio for Mac mini and give it a score of 3.5 out of 4 stars. This durable neoprene bag has quality written all over it. The Marware Sportfolio for Mac mini is shipping now and retails for $44.95.

Pros:
- Overall design and quality
- Separate compartments for Mac mini and AC adapter
- Rubberized base and sides
- Metal swivel clips and rings
- Padded shoulder strap
- Double zippers

Cons:
- There are no other color options available

http://www.123macmini.com/accessories/reviews/111.html
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice case. I wonder how many people are really carrying around their mini that they require a case? This is like the second company making cases for the mini. My mini hasn't moved in 5 months! Laughing
iLife's a Bitch!
greg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
Looks like a nice case. I wonder how many people are really carrying around their mini that they require a case? This is like the second company making cases for the mini. My mini hasn't moved in 5 months! Laughing

I've been wondering the same. Its size certainly makes it transportable but for most people how often would it actually leave their desk?
Dell 1905FP
Logitech Wave Cordless Desktop
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if you were a college student. Students could probaby get four or five trips out of the bag during the year. To school, home from school and holidays. I can't imagine using it for LAN parties! Laughing
iLife's a Bitch!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cute little box that that mini came in works for me. I bet the mini could make it to China in the original packaging Wink (for those who do not know the mini came from China)

That bag looks pretty good. But why not buy an iBook/Powerbook, if your moving around a lot? Fiddling with all the cords would be a pain.

Does the mini's hard drive park for transport when not in use?
tdmckee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm considering transporting to-and-from work, so that I can plug in at home and surf - I purchased it as a replacement to a powerbook with a dying display / graphics card. I don't think there would be that much fiddling with cords to do - I have a wireless mouse and keybd, just need a monitor in both locations and I'm set. Smile

Anyone else doing similar things / have used this case? I'm debating between it and the other ones listed...
cinemafia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my Mini at home and at work, which means it's on the go at least 10 times a week. Of course, I'm way too cheap to spend $45 on a bag, as you can see...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: