123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

soundzen corner
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundzen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: soundzen corner Reply with quote

hello reader, since im new to mac mini and to its OSX 10.6 i do have lots of questions and images i want to share with you in order to help getting answers so i thought i could create my own corner and put all here, avoiding me to seed all over the place my posts and help me find quickly the topics i post about... if thats ok with the admin, that is! you are welcome to comment and post as reply to a topic here Wink
------------------

Last edited by soundzen on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
soundzen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to start by showing my BATTLE STATION in my new mac world! not much but a strong little box for a mild user mainly net and pictures - nothing fancy but indeed reliable Wink (no, the LG 22" monitor top-left corner is not bend, its just the camera angle)

soundzen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: GALLERY - take 1 Reply with quote

im trying to send this photos to the mac123 home gallery but still cant setup my mac mailbox, so in the meanwhile i will drop my pics here - heres my latest take, playing around with the mac apple theme - do rate!

title:

<< TWO APPLES AND A LEOPARD >>

notes:

one real apple with red glow of mouse / a second apple on the top of mouse iluminated by the monitor / the snow-leopard wallpaper reflected on the mouse!

Last edited by soundzen on Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
soundzen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a neat feature inside Aperture 2!

it shows the contents of a folder by simply hovering horizontaly across the folder icon and you can see all the pictures inside that folder without opening it and creating an unwanted project on the sidebar Wink

here is the vid:

MacDSmith2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would not advise putting your monitor or anything else on top of the Mac Mini case. Ouch! The airport and bluetooth antennas are just below the surface, and the weight might damage them.
Active: Mac Mini (OCT 09) 4 GB RAM, 2.66 GHz, 500 GB HDD
soundzen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx mac thats why i need a desktop mac mount and found one at macessity webstore

Last edited by soundzen on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacDSmith2 wrote:
Would not advise putting your monitor or anything else on top of the Mac Mini case. Ouch! The airport and bluetooth antennas are just below the surface, and the weight might damage them.

I have had a 20" ACD on top of my mini for years with no issues. The bluetooth still works from over 25 feet away. It does slightly affect the wifi signal, but I can still easily connect to a neighbors network 50+ feet away.

I'd use your discretion. The ACD has a flat bottom, thus it disperses the weight over 40+ sq. inches. Your monitor may have little rubber feet that put all the pressure in one small area.
soundzen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as you can see on my pic, i use a mouse circular mat under the base of the monitor to avoid scratches but cant do anything about the weight although bluettoth works fine and captures my phone signal. Wink
soundzen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! thats a neat theme for macbook sticker or any mac wallpaper...

snow white holding an apple which glows on her as she is attracted by the temptation to eat it ( AKA eve in eden)... just search for "snow white apple".

also a so-called "Revenge" version also was made = hiding face in scarf looks more like a bandit in black & white! (anti-mac?)

soundzen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the same spirit of apple ads "im a mac / im a pc" here a cool WALL-E wallpaper although i love wall-e character more than eva Wink but high-tech is high-tech and that top-noch eva is indeed a white robot!

soundzen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: micro hizz from mini mac Reply with quote

my mini after 2 weeks has this little "almost unaudible" hizz, so i took the monitor off the mac and layed it aside it on my desk... the hizz is still there if i listen closely and carefuly - it doesnt bother me because most time, i have headphones on and the building i live in, as well as the nearby street, muffles the sound - BUT I THOUGH it was to be a silent mac forever, like ive witnessed when i bought it brand new... heaven!

i fliped the mac on its back and found this nice grey rubber on the bottom/underneath with the apple logo - im going to let it up-side-down for 1 or 2 to see if the hizz goes away (or if i damaged the mini with the weigth of my 22" monitor on top of it).
soundzen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: mini remote sensor? Reply with quote

does mac mini works with a remote? i had one back with my macbook 13" which activated the media center (cant recall the exact name of that interactive app to visualize photos, videos and movie from afar).

im asking because this morning when i slided a dvd on my mac i noticed this little black piece on the corner of the slot on only one side (right side above the white power led) and its probably the only black plastic on the all grey/white computer...

hmmm, since apple as an eye for details, i figured it has an utility as a remote sensor and not just a plastic piece to fill the gap and make the slot the exact wide of a dvd!

i beleive the remote didnt came with mini, only imacs - so for us its for sale which i find a steal... but in my case i dont need it Wink
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and you have to buy the remote separately these days Sad

Cheap skates Mad

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
soundzen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL read on icreate mag that windows opened its pc store in the same mold as apple and soon will have a guru bar in contrast to mac genius LOL finaly they getting the pace - good luck with the concept... me i still have to go to staples store to buy my windows 7 update to get rid of the vista OS on my laptop LG Sad still a lausy upgrade costs me 130 euros...
MacDSmith2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have you got in Portugal? Any Apple Stores? Best Buy's? Fry's? What do you do for electronics, beyond Stapes, which is hardly an Electronics store!
Active: Mac Mini (OCT 09) 4 GB RAM, 2.66 GHz, 500 GB HDD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: