123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 7 64 Bit on the MacMini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeeLondon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 64 Bit on the MacMini Reply with quote

Anyone tried the 64 bit version of Windows 7?

I have the ultimate version of Windows 7 and 32 bit seemed to work fine so tried the 64 bit and it works fine as well except the Ethernet keeps cutting out - anyone know why or have a solution - where can I find the latest 64 bit Ethernet drivers for a 2008 MacMini Core2Duo 2.0Ghz Model
swissarmybottle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried the 64 bit version of Windows 7 (dual boot using Boot Camp) on my new Oct 2009 Mac Mini yesterday with no issues about Ethernet cutting out. What sucked about the installation was when I went to install the drivers in Windows 7 via the Mac OS X install disk, Windows 7 didn't allow me to, but... doing a Windows update of the devices found "most" of the drivers for me (including the display and bluetooth drivers).

Note: I had no problems with Ethernet cutting in/out whatsoever. I'm using Comcast Cable connected from the wall to my Cable Modem (Linksys CM100) to my router (DGL-4300) and wirelessly connecting to Windows 7.

I am, however, having trouble with finding a Windows 7 driver for the SigmaTel Audio card, which I think is what is installed in the mini... can't find anything supporting that claim though other than that driver being available in the Mac OS X driver dvd... does anyone have a fix for the 64 bit Windows 7 driver of the SigmaTel Audio card? No sound on Windows 7 64 bit blows.
swissarmybottle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solved my own problem for having no audio on the late fall 2009 mac mini dual booting with Windows 7 64-bit...

credit to this site: http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=104925#p106886

Here's the link to the download site:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsview.aspx?langid=1&pfid=24&level=4&conn=3&downtypeid=3

Click "I accept..." -> Click Next -> with the row titled (Vista, Windows7 Driver(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file) click Go in Column Site 1, Site 2, or Site 3 -> Click run!

First time hearing Windows 7 sound... mmMMMmmmmm
DeeLondon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I solved the Ethernet problem - I think it was due to a VOIP SIP Router on my network using Mac Cloning

My other real issue is both on the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows 7 the boot times are really long - I get a blank screen with an underscore in the top left hand corner for ages and then finally it starts and goes into windows.

Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: