123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Macessity Intros TrayStation for Apple Laptops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn
News Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Macessity Intros TrayStation for Apple Laptops Reply with quote

Macessity Intros TrayStation for Apple Laptops
Approved by: Glenn
Category: MacBook

123MacBook- "Macessity today announced the release of TrayStation, a new combination stand, riser and cooling tray for Apple laptops. The cooling tray can also be removed from the base of the stand and used as a portable laptop cooler. Now, is that handy or what?"

Read more...

* We are in the process of changing the "More News" forum, so this topic might seem out of place.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I was thinking what...

I have to applaud Macessity for thinking outside the box on this one. There are a few things that I probably would have done a little different with the photos. Why not have a nice wireless Bluetooth keyboard/mouse on the desk in front of the stand. The first thing I thought of was how the heck are you supposed to type on that thing.

I like the idea of getting the laptop up higher. Ergonomics is a huge issue with laptops. I also like how the cooling tray keeps the laptop of the desk in case of coffee spills. (smart to have the coffee in the photo).

Anyhow I think this is a great design. It may be tough to sell this one online as I'm sure people would like to see how easily the laptop connects to the stand. How easily the cooling tray can be removed from the laptop etc. How sturdy the laptop will be perched 6" off the desk etc.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a buyer already owning an mStand, but I think it's an interesting design. My only concern with this one would be with the tray tipping over or getting bumped off the stand. It looks like it just sits down on the stand around those tabs. What happens if you press down on the palm rest of your MacBook? Wouldn't the other side lift?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they could have done better with pricing, but that's a nice looking stand. I have an mStand like Aquaman sitting next to a Cinema. I hardly ever use the thing though. I tend to use my MBP more in bed and while sitting back in chairs. I mostly use the mStand for storage and protecting the MBP from desktop spills.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: