123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My mail app wont load since upgrading to 10.4.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinuk42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: My mail app wont load since upgrading to 10.4.3 Reply with quote

upgraded to 10.4.3 today and since have not been able to load my mail program. Is there a way i can un-install mail then re-install it? Any held on this would be great people!! I click the mail icon in dock, it starts to bounce, then mini makes a noise, then nothing, the app doesn't load
Ranter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people who have had trouble after the 10.4.3 upgrade are finding that it can be fixed by downloading and installing the full 'combo' update.

Try this download:
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxupdate1043combo.html

Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them.
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
kevinuk42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok please help, downloaded 10.4.3 combo version as you suggested, however it says "mounting failed" how do i install this?
Ranter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file has a filename extension of dmg, this indicates it is a disk image file. You do need to be able to mount it in order for the update installer to run.

I guess that either your system is having trouble mounting disk images generally, or perhaps you got a bad download.

I'd try rebooting, then trying to run the installer again by double-clicking the file, which is named MacOSXUpdateCombo10.4.3.dmg.

If this continues to fail then I'm out of ideas and maybe someone else can help...

Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them.
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
kevinuk42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have tried restarting and opening the combo file again, but nothing happens except a screen coming up saying 'device not configured'. So i am going to load 10.4.2 and then try to upgrade to the combo from that as i think my original update from .2 to .3 was a dodgy one. Is it ok to go from .3 back to .2? Im running out of ideas...and i cant open my mail program.
kevinuk42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so i can't load 10.4.2 or 10.4.3 combo, my OS is having a nightmare because it didn't update properly. It wont let me open the combo dmg file, it just says that 'it cant mount' or 'device not found'...so i dont know what to do?!?! Someone please help, i cant open mail but i think more problems will occur as time goes on because i dont think the new OS loaded properly from software update. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. do i need to go as far as to re-load my OS from scratch?
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinuk42 wrote:
ok so i can't load 10.4.2 or 10.4.3 combo, my OS is having a nightmare because it didn't update properly. It wont let me open the combo dmg file, it just says that 'it cant mount' or 'device not found'...so i dont know what to do?!?! Someone please help, i cant open mail but i think more problems will occur as time goes on because i dont think the new OS loaded properly from software update. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. do i need to go as far as to re-load my OS from scratch?

It might be time to Archive and Install or reinstall OS X.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107120
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: