123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roxio Releases Popcorn 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Roxio Releases Popcorn 4 Reply with quote

Roxio Releases Popcorn 4
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Posted by: Kenan

Roxio today announced the release of Popcorn 4, a new version of their video conversion and burning software for Intel-based Macs. According to the company, Popcorn 4 allows consumers to quickly and easily transfer video from capture devices and DVDs to game consoles, set-top boxes, mobile devices and more. It also includes an improved feature set with new tools for converting and extracting video and support for new formats, including AVCHD and Adobe Flash.

With the new Popcorn 4 you can import and convert personal video entertainment from virtually anywhere. The application adds to its extensive format compatibility with support for AVCHD and AVCHD-Lite (high-definition camcorder files), as well as the popular Web-based Flash format. Enhanced video preparation tools make it easy to extract favorite video segments or an audio track from a DVD-Video or high-definition file. For lightning-fast file conversion, Popcorn leverages Turbo.264 HD hardware accelerator, and makes the process more convenient by adding the ability to schedule long conversion projects for when your system is idle. The application even allows you to preview how a converted file will look on your favorite device without having to perform a full file conversion.

Popcorn 4 streamlines video transfer with a new list of device "profiles" for next-generation consumer electronics including the latest handheld devices, the Palm Pre and new iPod nano, as well as game consoles such as the Nintendo Wii and Sony PSP go. Simply select your device from the Profile list, and Popcorn will automatically create a file that's optimized for playback on that device. If you share videos via the Web, then you'll appreciate a new feature that lets you directly upload your video to YouTube or the ability to output to Flash for publishing to a personal page or site.

Popcorn 4 is available now for $50. Registered users of Popcorn or Toast can upgrade for $30.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1342.html

Last edited by admin on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
epic_ed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popcorn does a nice job, but it's seriously overpriced. Especially for those just looking to upgrade. You can upgrade to Snow Leopard and lose all your data between accounts for like the same price. Wink
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never upgraded from Toast 8 or Popcorn 2 because of those prices. I do like their software though.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
I never upgraded from Toast 8 or Popcorn 2 because of those prices. I do like their software though.

You didn't miss anything with Toast 9. I think it crashes on me every third or fourth time I go to burn a Video TS folder to DVD. At least that's what it feels like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: