123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Mcgee's Alice leopard fix needed can anyone help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: American Mcgee's Alice leopard fix needed can anyone help. Reply with quote

Well i will explain my problem with 10.5.2.

I decided to install my American Mcgee's Alice game in 10.5.2. Once installed before you can run the 1.1.2 update for the universal binary patch. You have to run the game without the patch installed. So the first time run of the game can create the config.cfg file in your base folder. This sounds simple enough not really.

Here is the problem.

If you try to run Alice under mac os x leopard 10.5.2 without the universal binary update the game icon just flashes in the dock and shuts off.

In order for the game to work under leopard you need to install the 1.1.2 universal binary patch but this binary patch doesn't create the config file on startup and gives you this error if you try to run the game

Cannot load "config.cfg"

So does anyone know where i can go to just download the config.cfg file from inside the base folder so i can get my game to work.
mixalis1987

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: same Reply with quote

dude i get the same problem well similar any way i have 10.5.2 and i install it try to load the game 2 make the config file but alice just sits in my dock for a sec then i hear a sound but no game loading then i try to patch it all installs fine try the game again and alice head is in the dock and a strange sound happends and stays unstil i force quit alice, it doesnt mention anything about a config file tho
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out.

You have to boot into tiger and save a backup of the config.cfg files from your alice base directory.

Then you install alice and apply the patch then copy the config.cfg over into the base directory and the game works.
mixalis1987

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

Thats a good idea but i dont have tiger you see im a new mac user and i only got leopard with the computer lol any chance you can post your default.cfg file for me to try i love mac but this is the second game i got that wont work on leopard lol
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish i could post the file.

But have no way to post the file.

Pm me with your e-mail i could send it in a attachment to you.
mixalis1987

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: alice leopard 10.5.2 fix Reply with quote

I made a you tube clip on how to fix it etc etc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGXfshq6pCM
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish i could post it on youtube.

However my camera is in the shop.

Here is what you do copy the config file i sent you into the base folder inside the american mcgees alice game folder.

Then update to the 1.1.2 patch the game will function again
mixalis1987

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i ment i fixed it and made a youtube clip ???
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks.
aj

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to say thanks to both of you.

Thanks to you two I discovered a really fun game for the Mac and managed to get it working under leopard.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.

I know running American Mcgee's Alice can be tough under leopard. But this also goes to prove that certain studio's don't care about gamers.
myoubi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: I'm in the same position... Reply with quote

could someone send me the config file? I finally hunted down a relatively-affordable copy of Alice for Mac only to have it not work on my brand new 10.5.2
mjkite23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Need Leopard Fix Reply with quote

Can someone please send me the leopard fix so I can play Alice. I'm dying to play it and it won't work. Help! Watch LordVega's videos of the game Alice! He's funny! That's how I discovered the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: