123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

App Store Downloads Top Two Billion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: App Store Downloads Top Two Billion Reply with quote

App Store Downloads Top Two Billion
Monday, September 28, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Apple today announced that more than two billion apps have been downloaded from its App Store, a mere five months after hitting the one billion mark. According to the company, there are now more than 85,000 apps available to the more than 50 million iPhone and iPod touch customers worldwide and over 125,000 developers in Apple's iPhone Developer Program.

"The rate of App Store downloads continues to accelerate with users downloading a staggering two billion apps in just over a year, including more than half a billion apps this quarter alone," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "The App Store has reinvented what you can do with a mobile handheld device, and our users are clearly loving it."

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1328.html
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My downloads are actually down, but that's incredible.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see a breakdown of the top 500 applications of all-time (minus the fart apps) and their totals.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An iWork App at a reasonable price would help those numbers even more. ...an Office 2010 App will show Apple's superior (but I have a feeling that won't happen) Smile
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
An iWork App at a reasonable price would help those numbers even more. ...an Office 2010 App will show Apple's superior (but I have a feeling that won't happen) Smile

It would be interesting to see the two go head-to-head, as well as the pricing. I mean, the regular iWork suite is pretty affordable. What do you think would be a reasonable price? I'm thinking they should match Documents To Go and Quickoffice at around $10. Smile
iLife's a Bitch!
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
ESUNintel wrote:

It would be interesting to see the two go head-to-head, as well as the pricing. I mean, the regular iWork suite is pretty affordable. What do you think would be a reasonable price? I'm thinking they should match Documents To Go and Quickoffice at around $10. Smile

I would say anywhere from $10 to $20 would make sense. If it's similar to Docs to Go, $10 is ok. If it gets updated often, works well with iwork.com, can be shared with anyone (regardless of running Office, Open Office, Corel, etc...), has a great user interface, sync's between PC's and Mac's, includes mobile versions of the full suite ...$20 would be ok. Personally, I feel $15 should be top price, but considering how often I might use it, I may justify $20.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds fair. I probably wouldn't go over the $20 mark either.

It does seem like they would want to have something in place for the fabled tablet. An office suite becomes pretty important for that kind of device, especially if it's only going to run the iPhone OS. That's if the same apps are supported and interchangeable on both devices.
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: