123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Safari And MySpace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Safari And MySpace Reply with quote

Recently I visited my MySpace page using the Safari 4 browser. Usually I go to MySpace with Firefox because in the past I couldn't post blogs with much control over the text. Safari wasn't useful there.

When I arrived at my profile page I saw that it looked totally different, and ugly. I set up the page using a Black background with a blue image of Earth. The text boxes are blue with white type and there is a video bar that scrolls single frames of each of my videos.

With the Safari browser the page is white and the background is white. None of the features I arranged are on the page. If I log in to the site it will change to the site I created. I switched computers and on my Vista computer the site will look as I designed it using Safari for Windows. On the Mac Book it looks crappy.

In IE 7 it looks the way I designed it.

Has anybody else experienced this with MySpace? Is this just a temporary glitch or does MySpace treat Apple computers and Safari differently than Windows Machines?

Do other sites not render correctly using Safari on an Apple computer? Unless you visit a site on multiple computers it would be difficult to know the answer to that question.

My MySpace page is at www.MySpace.com/Beninate. Which version do you see with your browser?

I noticed that the videos scroll much faster on the Vista machine than on the Mac Book.

Smallwheels

www.MrMoneyHelper.com
http://DoNotDieYet.blogspot.com
www.MySpace.com/Beninate
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure. I get this message...

Quote:
Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted.
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: I've Seen That Before Reply with quote

I've seen that before and I don't remember which link I clicked to get it. Exactly what is an invalid friend ID?

Today I tried clicking my MySpace address link using Safari 4 on my Apple computer and it did take me to the correct page even though I wasn't signed in. Perhaps my message to help@support.myspace.com did some good after all.

Are there any other web sites that treat Safari on an Apple computer in a different way than Safari on a Windows machine? Safari 4 on my Vista computer showed the same page as Firefox did on my Apple computer, which was the correct version.

Smallwheels

www.MrMoneyHelper.com
http://DoNotDieYet.blogspot.com
www.MySpace.com/Beninate
MalzyWheels

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Myspace link in the signature, not the one in the text since that one includes the period at the end of the sentence.

I visited the site and it looked fine.
1961 HH Scott 299C integrated Amplifier (7591 Output Tubes)
B&W DM302 speakers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: