123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipod Classic Syncing problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoungDave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Ipod Classic Syncing problem Reply with quote

for some odd reason there are 27 tracks on my itunes that will not sync to my ipod. There are not different file types on my library that wouldnt be synced, or some crazy bitrate thats not compatible .. and i have 30 GB free still.. I have no idea how to find these songs other that going through all the albums or song to see which are missing, but thats way too time consuming thus out of the question... ANYONE have any solutions for this problem ? im sure ill be fine without the 27 songs , but i want em anyways.. thanks in advance for help
Maxtor OneTouch + 500GB (USB)
Gateway HD2200 22" LCD
Xbox 360 via HDMI iPhone 32GB 3G[S]
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you mentioned. It sounds like the songs aren't there. Your iTunes library is pointing toward a song that doesn't exist any longer on your hard disk (or the file has moved). These songs are denoted in iTunes by an exclamation point.

The issue is with the iTunes library pointing to a song that doesn't exist, not the syncing.

If you can't find them but you REALLY want things to match up you could rebuild your iTunes library. You hold option when starting iTunes. The select create library. WARNING this will erase all your playcounts, renames etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: