123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Premieres iTunes 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LE Studios

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelSpinners wrote:
I like most of the new features, but I hate the white backgrounds. Is there any way of changing that back to the darker color?

Please I want to know too! Mad
LE Studios

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
I really like iTunes 9 so far. I think the home sharing is going to be very handy. I'm just having a hard time adjusting to the new store layout. I don't care for all those scolling windows inside a window either.

Well it crash on me twice. It needs a stability update. I hope 1.46TB isn't too much iTunes content. Embarassed
Lori Dixon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top songs list in the store is like hanging and crashing on me. I can't ever remember that happening before. I also can't believe they took the dark background and resizer out of Grid View. Please put them back!!! Crying or Very sad

The Home Sharing is wonderful though. A big thumbs up on that one! Very Happy
LE Studios

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lori Dixon wrote:
The top songs list in the store is like hanging and crashing on me. I can't ever remember that happening before. I also can't believe they took the dark background and resizer out of Grid View. Please put them back!!! Crying or Very sad

The Home Sharing is wonderful though. A big thumbs up on that one! Very Happy

How that work? Confused
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no uniformity in iTunes now. It's kind of a mess when it comes to the store half. It sort of reminds me of the Zune music (or whatever it's called) website.

Grid view has basically been abolished. I find that to be disappointing.

I don't really care about the iTunes LP feature. Call me old school, but I rip most (if not all) music from CDs. I don't really care about the social stuff either.

The Home Sharing, Genius Mixes and improved syncing with applications are fantastic additions though. Is there anyway of getting these features in iTunes 8 with the old store? Wink Laughing

I also think iTunes 9 feels a tad snappier in Snow Leopard. You gotta like that no matter what.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE Studios wrote:
How that work? Confused

Fill out your account information under shared. Then you can manually or have it or automatically import songs, movies, TV shows, books and apps from another machine running iTunes. Assuming that it's running iTunes 9 with the feature enabled.
caulktel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somefreak90 wrote:
I dunno yet... for one, I can't minimize the window like I used to anymore...
The iTunes store was also having some problems, because it wouldn't let my sister upgrade her iPod Touch software.
However, I like the new layout of the iTunes Store.[/img]

Ditto, I miss minimizing the window.
iPhone 4S 16GB
castaway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caulktel wrote:

Are you guys talking about minimizing a window in Snow Leopard by clicking the top of a window or getting to the Mini Player in iTunes 9? You can't minimize windows like that anymore in Snow Leopard, but you can get to the Mini Player in iTunes by option clicking the green traffic light.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to re-sync with an Apple TV, but everything seems to be working okay. The Home Sharing is like so awesome. It even finds the differences between the two libraries. I wish they would've had this years ago, but I guess better late than never. I also like the new stuff for managing your applications. And here's the big shocker when it comes to applications. They just approved the Rhapsody application! Surprised Very Happy

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=328908892&mt=8
iLife's a Bitch!
LE Studios

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:

I also think iTunes 9 feels a tad snappier in Snow Leopard. You gotta like that no matter what.

I agree with iTunes 9 on a Mac with 24" LED Cinema Display it's excellent especially the Apps. When I had iTunes 8 the Apps never filled up the screen, but thanks to iTunes 9 it does. Actually overall I do like. I notice videos have a black background and music a white. I already got use to it. I been buying music, movies after the update I like that you can see the download progress.

I notice it is a 32-bit Universal App and I guess Apple didn't want to do two different versions such as 64-bit Snow Leopard then 32-bit for Leopard 10.5 or less

Last edited by LE Studios on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
caulktel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

castaway wrote:
caulktel wrote:

Are you guys talking about minimizing a window in Snow Leopard by clicking the top of a window or getting to the Mini Player in iTunes 9? You can't minimize windows like that anymore in Snow Leopard, but you can get to the Mini Player in iTunes by option clicking the green traffic light.

I'm talking about the Mini Player, and clicking the green light doesn't work anymore. Sad
iPhone 4S 16GB
LE Studios

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Heroes Season 4 HD Pre-Order on iTunes 9 available $44.99! Reply with quote

I guess they working on posting it still! Yeah I love iTunes 9!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?id=328418326&s=143441

Last edited by LE Studios on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
castaway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caulktel wrote:
I'm talking about the Mini Player, and clicking the green light doesn't work anymore. Sad

You can if you hold down the option key and click, but I hear you loud and clear. I preferred it the old way.
Gator Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed my mind about Grid View. They need to at least bring back the slider for resizing. Mad
Harmory & Apple remotes
2 X FreeAgent Desk for Mac drives.
Ortega

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator Fan wrote:
I changed my mind about Grid View. They need to at least bring back the slider for resizing. Mad

FYI: They just don't show it by default anymore. iTunes > View > Grid View > Show Header brings the buttons and slider back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: