123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adobe Unveils Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Adobe Unveils Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac Reply with quote

Adobe Unveils Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Posted by: Fran

Adobe today announced the release of Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac, a new version of their consumer photo-editing software. According to the company, the software is loaded with new options to make extraordinary photos with ease. This includes all of the "intelligent" photo-editing options found in the Windows version. In addition to Photomerge Exposure, Recompose and Quick Fix previews, Mac users will have access to the following new tools:

- Photomerge Scene Cleaner for brushing away unwanted elements, such as tourists or cars, from a series of photos to create the perfect scene.

- The Smart Brush helps apply incredible effects to a specific area of a photo with a single stroke.

- Touch-Up brushes make common editing tasks quick, such as whitening teeth or making bright blue skies.

For media management, Mac users also have access to all the features in Adobe Bridge CS4 software, which provides quick organization with a custom viewing workspace and full-screen preview with one-click close-ups. Keyword tags and a variety of search options also make it easy to find photos quickly.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac will be available in October for $100. You can view all of the system requirements here.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1324.html
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Adobe Unveils Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Photomerge Scene Cleaner for brushing away unwanted elements, such as tourists or cars, from a series of photos to create the perfect scene.

They forgot to mention ex-husbands and wives. Smile

I've never bought Photoshop or Elements but have only played around with the 30 day trials. Even though Elements is a stripped down it still has an abundance of features. Probably the best value in a consumer level product available. Adobe sure does a good job of keeping the features that average consumers wants without going overboard.
MalzyWheels

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Adobe Unveils Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
admin wrote:
Photomerge Scene Cleaner for brushing away unwanted elements, such as tourists or cars, from a series of photos to create the perfect scene.

They forgot to mention ex-husbands and wives. Smile

And mistresses of all nationalities...Maybe that's only available to politicians as a plug-in. Laughing

But, all kidding aside, $100 does sound reasonable.
1961 HH Scott 299C integrated Amplifier (7591 Output Tubes)
B&W DM302 speakers
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have been more excited about an Intel release of PSE (this is the first right?) a year ago, but I'm getting by just fine with iPhoto and Pixelmator these days.
axnyslie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
I might have been more excited about an Intel release of PSE (this is the first right?)

PSE 6.0 is a UB app.

My issue with PSE is its dark charcoal GUI, which I find obtrusive to my workflow. I believe PSE 7 for Windows had the option to change the appearance to the standard OS GUI. There's no screenshots or trial version yet for PSE 8.0 so I don't know if this feature is implemented.

Mac Mini 2.26 GHz 8GB/1TB 7200rpm
MacBook 2.1 GHz 4GB/320GB 7200rpm
Ministack v3 no fan 500GB 7200rpm
Samsung 2243BWX 22" & 202BW 20" displays
Lance Birk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, that dark GUI REALLY sux. But so does the tiny font size.

If Adobe was smart enough to make it a different color, then they're just a bit too arrogant not to give the option to change to other colors as well. I resent not being able to make my own choices

To me it's a deal klillers.

I'm learning that iPhoto is a great app.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife uses PSE and that dark look with pastel colors is rather strange. Those fonts also look blurry to me. I mean, in addition to being small.
iLife's a Bitch!
LouieMacGoo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some other options to Photoshop Elements that I found over on Alternativeto.net!

http://alternativeto.net/desktop/adobe-photoshop-elements/?profile=mac&platform=mac
G3 iMac DV 400mhz 512mg RAM 40gb HD, SuperDrive
Follow me http://twitter.com/louiemacgoo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LouieMacGoo wrote:
Here are some other options to Photoshop Elements that I found over on Alternativeto.net!

http://alternativeto.net/desktop/adobe-photoshop-elements/?profile=mac&platform=mac

Interesting site. I've usually used versiontracker to source alternatives, but a dedicated site is great.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the combination of iPhoto and Pixelmator as an alternative to PSE. I would also recommend Seashore as a free alternative to Pixelmator if you're tight on cash. I used it for ages before upgrading. I do prefer Pixelmator though. It's an awesome application for the money with way more features. I also appreciate the user interface and overall speed.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great another reason not to upgrade.

Does anyone feel like photoshop is past it's prime they keep updating it year after year it communicates a.k.a dial's home slow's down your internet connection and for what nothing.

The interface is the same cheap interface trying to rip off aperture again.

not all that amuzed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: