123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Are Your First Impressions of Snow Leopard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything feels speedy and solid so far. I'm loving Expose in the Dock and QuickTime X. I also freed up a nice chunk of disk space. I guess that's an okay deal for $30, right? Smile
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys know I'm not a troll, but I have feeling they just let Microsoft back into the game with Windows 7. Don't get me wrong, I really like Snow Leopard. It just doesn't feel like a super improvement over Leopard. QuickTime X is really slick though. The recorder stuff alone is probably worth the price of admission for Snow Leopard. I can see myself making a bunch of screen recordings over the next few months.
LE Studios

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I never heard so many people that are so happy about a OS Upgrade usually people be complaining all damn day. The only complaints I really heard is people can't get theirs fast enough. Yeah I one of those. Tuesday will seem like forever! Crying or Very sad
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first OS "upgrade" with a mac. It went effortlessly I couldn't believe I didn't loose one single photo, tune, or contact. Love owning a mac so far. I noticed quite a bit more space was gained. I don't see any speed improvements and it feels a tad quirky to me at times. I am sure it will get much better in time ( as for now it may feel worse). I had to poke around a bit to make sure I actually installed it seeing how there really isn't much difference. I got my expose as a gesture to move my mouse up to the right top corner of the screen. That's the way I had it when I ran leopard maybe that's why I don't see it in the dock. I have yet to even see quicktime I opened it and nothing happened just got to see the new icon. Well I think I will go check out a movie trailer to see what it looks like.
NRecob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
You guys know I'm not a troll, but I have feeling they just let Microsoft back into the game with Windows 7. Don't get me wrong, I really like Snow Leopard. It just doesn't feel like a super improvement over Leopard. QuickTime X is really slick though. The recorder stuff alone is probably worth the price of admission for Snow Leopard. I can see myself making a bunch of screen recordings over the next few months.

Back in the game? Not for me. I'll still get the repeated "System Restore Was Unsuccessful" messages after HOURS of slogging through M$'s Frankenstein a/k/a Vista II--that reminds me of another thing I can't stand about Windoze --it's still hideously ugly. I've been on a Mac since Tiger [10.4.7 to be exact] and couldn't be happier--M$ [a/k/a "Rear View Mirror"] can go broke for all I care...

Last edited by NRecob on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quicktime is sweet. Very Happy

Check out Tron Legacy trailer it has nice pop to the colors.

Ok I am starting to get the expose in the dock now. Spotlighted like. Very cool. I am sure its' the little things that's gonna make this sweeter every day. I loved leopard so it only makes sense I will love this. Kind of amazing how it's a smaller footprint on the hardrive. iphoto still takes forever they need to do something like this to ilife.
FishKepr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything, especially Safari, is noticably faster.

Gained 12.7 GB of space.

DON'T use the default installer. Open the custom options and deselect the extra stuff you don't need.
revatman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: pretty easy setup Reply with quote

so far no glitches whatsoever. my 2.8ghz iMac seems a lot zippier.

started the install at 8:43pm and it was done by 9:18pm.

desktop still the same. all the links and folder are still on my desktop. my goldfish 2.0 screensaver (thank goodness I hadn't registered yet) no workee.

pretty happy so far.
revatman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: oh no!! menumeters aint workin'! Reply with quote

on of my favorite system prefpanes! ack!
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Mac OS X v10.6: About gamma 2.2 Reply with quote

Ahhhh!!! (sorry had to vent)

My monitor colors are off! I need to recalibrate.
This is a HUGE deal for graphic orientated users.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3712
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no!! menumeters aint workin'! Reply with quote

revatman wrote:
on of my favorite system prefpanes! ack!

I feel your pain. Dev says it will be a while before it's fixed.
FishKepr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Mac OS X v10.6: About gamma 2.2 Reply with quote

TonyMontana wrote:
Ahhhh!!! (sorry had to vent)

My monitor colors are off! I need to recalibrate.
This is a HUGE deal for graphic orientated users.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3712

Yeah, at the suggestion of an above post I pulled up the Tron Legacy trailer and noticed that too.
theGimpiest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working pretty well for me on my iMac, but I still need to install on my Mini. Startup and shutdown are both really fast. The Finder doesn't take forever to load icons now, which is good. Opening disk images is much faster. Dock stacks are now hierarchal, so they will take a little getting used to.

I've encountered a few problems:

1. Safariblock is dead
2. Cosmopod is dead
3. Espresso is dead

Fontagent died, but started working again after a few restarts.
Adobe CS3 Apps work, but require a bit of extra load time on the first run.
adv2k169

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.

i synced up my ipod and apparently i don't have contacts, or ical dates.

which is false because i do. does it not sync or something
LE Studios

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who got a Apple 24" LED and did a Snow leopard Upgrade? Are the colors off? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: