123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two 24" LED Cinema Displays from 2009 Mac Mini?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mluters

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Two 24" LED Cinema Displays from 2009 Mac Mini? Reply with quote

I have been using two 24 inch Samsung's with a Mac mini for about 6 months and it's been great until one of the monitors failed me last week. After some research I purchased a new 24" LED ACD and it's a beautiful monitor that blows away my other 24" Samsung. I'm thinking about getting another 24" LED ACD and my question is: Has anyone connected 2 24" LED ACD's to a Mac mini using: http://www.atlona.com/Atlona-DVI-to-Mini-DisplayPort-Converter-p-17859.html

My plan is to use the mini display port to connect one ACD and use the Atlona Converter to connect the other ACD through the mini DVI port on the Mac Mini. I have the Atlona converter ordered and it will be here early next week and I'll report back on the results unless someone else has already done this and knows it works.
Shito

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but I heard an official Apple (mini)DVI-to-(mini)DisplayPort is just about to be released. Smile

--
The Future is Now
MacDSmith2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to believe Apple is going to update the 24 inch and 30 inch monitor line with new monitors similar to the iMac display and at a lower price point. Obviously the 30 inch monitor is no longer viable if you can buy the whole computer in 27 inches for less money! I'm kinda waiting to see if a set of similar LED LCD displays come out for less than the current 24 and 30 inch monitors.
Active: Mac Mini (OCT 09) 4 GB RAM, 2.66 GHz, 500 GB HDD
mluters

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received the Atlon AT-DP200 and connected to the 2009 Mac mini's mini DVI port and it works great. No problems at all - no signal delay and no strange artifacts. I now have two 24" ACD's connected to the Mac mini and the AT-DP200 seems to be working as advertised.
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shito wrote:
I may be wrong, but I heard an official Apple (mini)DVI-to-(mini)DisplayPort is just about to be released. Smile

I hope you're right. I guess I'm one of the few people that likes a glossy screen. Of course, I don't do any photo editing either,but I do some video editing as a hobby,and I can see it better with a glossy screen than I can with my Dell 24 inch monitor with a matte screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: