123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How would you rate Obama's job performance?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How would you rate Obama's job performance?
Excellent
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Good
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Average
24%
 24%  [ 9 ]
Poor
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Horrible
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 37

devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: How would you rate Obama's job performance? Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this for the last few days. I was a big supporter of Obama during the election, but I'm going with average. It will go right to excellent if he can get single-payer through for healthcare though. That could mean an earlier retirement for me down the road. Plus, everyone in this country deserves universal and free healthcare. Screw the AMA, GOP and HMOs.
zedtvl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can it be rated when you inherit such a mess.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say poor so far, he built up a lot of expectations and hasn't done a lot to deliver, also the economic crisis was being hindered before he entered office, but now the regulations for the money are so screwed up and few people have really gone after correcting them.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the circumstances of what he inherited, I think he is doing a good job. There is room for improvement though.
iLife's a Bitch!
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's doing a good job. He's definitely doing better than Bush.
mdgm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's doing a horrible job racking up way too much debt etc.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdgm wrote:
I think he's doing a horrible job racking up way too much debt etc.

The debt was racked up while he's been in office, but it was put into motion before he entered office, he has racked up debt himself, but the rather large national debt is something that just came to head and isn't really able to be blames solely on one administration since it's been building since before Bush.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
ghostdawg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majority of the national debt began around 2001. When Bush started his only agenda during his 8 years in office, the War on Terrorism. Of course, supporting two wars is one of the biggest contributors of the debt. Oil prices rising has contributed alot also.

I'll admit, Obama hasn't done a whole lot to bring it down, yet anyway. I suppose he is doing the best he can for what he has inherited.
OGN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things could always be better, but I think Obama is doing a good job. The economy definitely seems to be turning for the better in many ways. He also calmed down most of the panic in the markets.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! I'm speechless.

Everyone, who has, so far put down Obama has recited something about the National Debt or spending. I would have to rate his performance as excellent. He's only been in office for 6 months and still has at least 3 and half years to go. Not to mention, what he has spent money on, IMHO, was money well spent. Obama has accomplished more in the last 6 months than Bush did in 8 years.

As far as intelligence goes, I'd have to say that Obama has probably forgotten more than Bush will ever know.

You can't say the same for the previous idiot that held office.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Hackers. I just want to keep the heat on for healthcare. But actually, Obama is doing a good job there too. It's these so-called blue dog democratic representatives and senators in the back pocket of the insurance and drug companies that have me pissed off at the moment.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with poor. I once thought he meant good for us, but so far things are getting worse, and he and his party appear to not care about the middle class. The blame game and so called issue of inheritance needs to come to an end, he's president now, and rather than decreasing the deficit, he's increasing it, rather than cutting unemployment, he's raising it, he's planning to tax us on health, energy, and much more ...it's ridiculous.

I give up all hope, and I'm sad we voted in a guy that needs a TelePrompTer to speak, as president. Maybe we'll get lucky in 2012, and he'll retire early like Palin, and Hillary could run!! ...or maybe I'll just vote for the candidate that runs for the party of no just out of spite.

Whatever...
STEVE JOBS 2012!!! (maybe Bill Gates can be VP) Very Happy
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
I'm going with poor. I once thought he meant good for us, but so far things are getting worse, and he and his party appear to not care about the middle class. The blame game and so called issue of inheritance needs to come to an end, he's president now, and rather than decreasing the deficit, he's increasing it, rather than cutting unemployment, he's raising it, he's planning to tax us on health, energy, and much more ...it's ridiculous.

I give up all hope, and I'm sad we voted in a guy that needs a TelePrompTer to speak, as president. Maybe we'll get lucky in 2012, and he'll retire early like Palin, and Hillary could run!! ...or maybe I'll just vote for the candidate that runs for the party of no just out of spite.

Whatever...
STEVE JOBS 2012!!! (maybe Bill Gates can be VP) Very Happy

Interesting....

Where are you getting this information? I'm seeing/reading just the opposite of your post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:

Interesting....

Where are you getting this information? I'm seeing/reading just the opposite of your post.

Fox News, Bill O, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and so on...

...no, not really. The news gives me a headache, so all I depend on is the Wall Street Journal, some common sense and whatever people say at work, school, church or neighborhood (and the funny conservative or sorry I voted for Obama bumper stickers I see all over the place).

I'm also in the business of Technology/Defense, so that naturally makes me biased against any one that doesn't think investing in military technology results in better technology for all.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESUNintel wrote:
hackersmovie wrote:

Interesting....

Fox News, Bill O, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and so on...

...no, not really. The news gives me a headache, so all I depend on is the Wall Street Journal, some common sense and whatever people say at work, school, church or neighborhood (and the funny conservative or sorry I voted for Obama bumper stickers I see all over the place).

I'm also in the business of Technology/Defense, so that naturally makes me biased against any one that doesn't think investing in military technology results in better technology for all.

Ahh... yeah, "Fair and Balanced".... believe that and I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: