123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple to Ship Mac OS X Snow Leopard on August 28th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LE Studios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheef wrote:
Got my family pack ordered. Very Happy

I think the word is spread! Very Happy
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
I wonder if Office 2008 apps will finally show decent startup times with Snow Leopard?

It's slightly better, still not as quick as iWork to start up. But then again Office apps are more feature heavy (bloated).
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
LE Studios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustory wrote:
Fox wrote:
I wonder if Office 2008 apps will finally show decent startup times with Snow Leopard?

It's slightly better, still not as quick as iWork to start up. But then again Office apps are more feature heavy (bloated).

I enjoyed iWork '09 and iWork.com by collaborating documents and reports with Microsoft Word '07 users. I've accomplished more with iWork '09 then I did with Word XP (2002), Word 2003 and Word 2007. I'm done with Microsoft plus there is no real incentive to keep buying Windows or Office. I think people getting Snow Leopard for $29 will wake up when they see PC users going to buy Windows 7 for at least $200. Apple make you feel good about your investment with their hardware and software. Microsoft make you regret and regret some more. Very Happy
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't it look like someone just dumped a bucket of snow on that poor cat. Smile It doesn't look all that natural. I think it's angry now and wants payback.
MalzyWheels

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyMontana wrote:
scooper wrote:
I am surprised they released it early with some of the bugs out there people are talking about. Mail was supposedly acting up pretty bad. Did you notice anything like that TonyMontana?

You know the mail had some trouble connecting to one of the outgoing SMPT servers. It just needed a different port and it was good to go. The outgoing Gmail server wasn't working at first either but seemed to self remedy itself.

I'm having that problem with Leopard. Even if you tell Mail.app which port to goto with the SMPT server it still botches connecting sometimes.
1961 HH Scott 299C integrated Amplifier (7591 Output Tubes)
B&W DM302 speakers
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah ordered mine today. Hopefully I get it friday from Apple. I guess there will be a lot of apps that need to adapt to this, and plugins. Hopefully most things will work right off the bat.
LE Studios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
Oh yeah ordered mine today. Hopefully I get it friday from Apple. I guess there will be a lot of apps that need to adapt to this, and plugins. Hopefully most things will work right off the bat.

If not I'm sure you let us know! The advantage of those in front of the line! LOL!
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing we noticed on my friends computer is that Little Snitch went crazy with all kinds of new outbound traffic. Crap I had never seen before. Snow Leopard seems to be slightly more invasive. Most of it seemed MobileMe based. But I can get over that.

Because it is fast, fast, fast. Laughing
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is exciting! Very Happy

I hope the closeness of the release dates prompts the media to perform a lot of direct-comparison drag races between Snow Leopard and MS Tortoise 7. I think that the results might be too damning even for the mighty Redmond marketing machine to positively spin.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyMontana wrote:
One thing we noticed on my friends computer is that Little Snitch went crazy with all kinds of new outbound traffic. Crap I had never seen before. Snow Leopard seems to be slightly more invasive. Most of it seemed MobileMe based. But I can get over that.

Is everything faster? Even if you only have say two gigs of RAM?
LE Studios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:

I got 4GB Memory on my 2009 Mac mini! Start your engines! Very Happy
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE Studios wrote:
Ray Finkle wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:

Lucky you I haven't had the courage to crack mine open yet. Plus I really don't want to mess with my wire management just yet. I am sure I will one of these days. Very Happy
LE Studios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
LE Studios wrote:
Ray Finkle wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:

Lucky you I haven't had the courage to crack mine open yet. Plus I really don't want to mess with my wire management just yet. I am sure I will one of these days. Very Happy

Who I said I cracked mine open? I paid Apple to do it for $100! I read the reviews and everybody else stories, good and bad. I'm not stupid. Oh, present company accepted for those who upgraded their Mac mini's on their own. Embarassed
somefreak90

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already? I though I had to wait another month! There's an Apple store I'm going to be visiting Friday after school!
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE Studios wrote:
Ray Finkle wrote:
LE Studios wrote:
Ray Finkle wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:

Who I said I cracked mine open? I paid Apple to do it for $100! I read the reviews and everybody else stories, good and bad. I'm not stupid. Oh, present company accepted for those who upgraded their Mac mini's on their own. Embarassed

Not me! Very Happy I wish I would of gave the extra now. It's cheaper to upgrade myself but I love this little machine so much I would hate for it to get buggy all of sudden.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: