123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Offers Refurbished 2.26GHz Mac minis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Apple Offers Refurbished 2.26GHz Mac minis Reply with quote

Apple Offers Refurbished 2.26GHz Mac minis
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Apple has begun offering refurbished 2009 Mac minis with Intel 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo processors in the Apple Store. This includes a model with an Intel 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive, 1GB of RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics for $649, and model with an Intel 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo processor, 320GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive, 2GB of RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics for $799. Both models are covered by Apple's one-year limited warranty and include free shipping. I don't know how long they will last, but now you can keep an eye out for these configurations.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1280.html

Last edited by admin on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Texark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what the $799 model should have been from day one. Sad
LE Studios

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texark wrote:
That's what the $799 model should have been from day one. Sad

Yeah no crap! Mad
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not convinced the 2.26GHz C2D is even worth the extra money. I'd rather put that money towards a 500GB HDD and more RAM.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the 2.0GHz refurb for $499 is the best thing going. I do agree the upper model should have always come with the 2.26GHz. For $200 more you should be doing better than another 1GB of RAM and 200GB of storage space. I just don't see any real value there.
iLife's a Bitch!
zedtvl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not worth it
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple should just make one Mac mini. A 2.0GHz C2D with 2GB of RAM, 320GB hard drive and all the rest for $599. Without a better standard processor, the top model just makes them look greedy. And it's not like they are fooling anyone with the VRAM allocation with memory.
LE Studios

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
I'm still not convinced the 2.26GHz C2D is even worth the extra money. I'd rather put that money towards a 500GB HDD and more RAM.

You need to work for Apple or at least the Mac mini Division.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow not much of a price cut now is it.

Kinda lame.

I wouldn't spend the extra money at all.

I would purchase the processor myself and upgrade it myself for that price.
obiwan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered one, but looks like Apple messed up on the labelling, as when it arrived it was only the 2Ghz model, not the 2.26Ghz as stated.

Apple rang me a couple of days later to explain what had happened, and agreed to replace my model with a brand new model for the same price as I paid for the refurb. - Looks like a good deal to me, as I can now upgrade to to 4GB of RAM myself for less than I would have had to buy the basic model with the 2.26Ghz CPU.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obiwan wrote:
I ordered one, but looks like Apple messed up on the labelling, as when it arrived it was only the 2Ghz model, not the 2.26Ghz as stated.

Apple rang me a couple of days later to explain what had happened, and agreed to replace my model with a brand new model for the same price as I paid for the refurb. - Looks like a good deal to me, as I can now upgrade to to 4GB of RAM myself for less than I would have had to buy the basic model with the 2.26Ghz CPU.

Wow, that's great. What a great mishap. Very impressive customer service.
obiwan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Wow, that's great. What a great mishap. Very impressive customer service.

Yes. - Not sure whether mine is an isolated issue or not. - It seems strange that a load of 2.26 Refurb minis are in the store though, as they're CTO and built in China. - Wonder whether a big customer ordered a shed load of them, then changed their mind. Unless they have all been labelled wrong and in fact are all 2Ghz models. - Maybe a slight speed bump is on the cards and the 2.26Ghz version is the base model, and Apple got mixed up - who knows?
Texark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More times than not, you hear about someone getting an unexpected upgrade when it comes to the refurbs. You definitely don't want that going the other way around. At least Apple made it right though. They always seem to be pretty good with their customers that way.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texark wrote:
More times than not, you hear about someone getting an unexpected upgrade when it comes to the refurbs. You definitely don't want that going the other way around. At least Apple made it right though. They always seem to be pretty good with their customers that way.

Very true. A number of people have posted their stories of luck on this forum. Often refurbs come with more RAM or bigger hard drives than advertised. The RAM bonus seems to be quite common.

I've yet to hear anyone complain about a refurb not meeting their expectations. I've never heard complaints about scratches. I assume Apple replaces the case, if they have scratches.

Glad to hear Apple goes out their way to exceed peoples expectations when given the opportunity. So many companies try to give you the run around, when they make mistakes.
obiwan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Often refurbs come with more RAM or bigger hard drives than advertised. The RAM bonus seems to be quite common.

I've yet to hear anyone complain about a refurb not meeting their expectations. I've never heard complaints about scratches. I assume Apple replaces the case, if they have scratches.

I did get the RAM bonus - it should have had the base 1GB, but it did have 2GB instead - just a pity the processor was the wrong one! - As for scratches, there was a tiny scratch on the underside of the power brick, but it was hardly noticeable at all. - Other than that it was immaculate. - I was almost tempted to take out the extra RAM and install it in my new machine when it arrives - but seeing as Apple have been so good about dispatching a new one, it's a bit tight really. - And besides, I'll need both slots free to upgrade it to the full 4GB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: