123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Safari 4.0.3 [U]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Thank you.
iMac 27" i5 2.66GHz, 12GB
MacBook Air 11" 1.4GHz, 4GB
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
These new updates won't let me pay some online bills now. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. So I tried firefox and it worked. Not sure why this is happening it never did before.

I've updated to 4.0.3 and Yahoo Mail has gone now gone screwy. If I click the 'reply' button above a received mail message either (a) Safari brings up a reply to a completely different mail message from my inbox, or (b) nothing happens. This is a real problem as my primary inbox is my Yahoo box.

Also, when I click the "Stop" button (the "X" at the right-hand end of the address bar), the status bar at the bottom still insists that it's "Loading...".

How do I get back to 4.0.2? Confused
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Safari Is Slow Reply with quote

Safari 4 seems slow on my Mac Book using Leopard 10.5.8. I miss Safari 3. It is fast on my Vista computer. I really hate to say this but as much as I like the speed of Safari 4 on my Vista computer, I usually end up switching browsers because after a while Safari maxes out the CPU. It will take up 100% of the CPU until I close the Safari windows. This is a problem I had with IE 6 and 7 on my older XP machine.

I deliberately use private browsing all the time, not for privacy, but to prevent Safari 4 from storing all of those images from every page I visit. That has got to be the most wasteful feature of any browser ever created. I wish I could set private browsing as the default setting instead of needing to turn it on every time I open Safari.

Safari is missing a feature that I really want, that is, an arrow on the address bar so I can click it to go to the new site listed in the address bar. As it is now I must click enter on the keyboard. That doesn't sound so bad until you realize that most of the time when I'm surfing the web I recline in a chair with the keyboard on my desk. I like navigating the web using the mouse. Often I copy and paste addresses, words, and terms into the address bar.

Another thing I hate about Safari 3 and 4 is that the bookmarks section text and spacing is so small. I hate trying to maneuver my cursor to click those tiny triangles in order to open a folder. Many times I sent comments to Apple about these features and I hoped that they would change these things. They did not.

Smallwheels

www.MrMoneyHelper.com
http://DoNotDieYet.blogspot.com
www.MySpace.com/Beninate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: