123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.5.8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyBoy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustory wrote:
Trust me you won't be saying that when you get it, I'm using it as my primary OS right now.

Hmmmm. Well now you've made me curious! Wink Smile
Zalez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Zalez wrote:
I have the same problem, but can't seem to fix it. Sad

Actually, the fix didn't hold. I called Apple and apparently the problem is with 10.5.8 and MacBooks running on battery power. Plug your MacBook or MacBook Pro in and AirTunes works just fine. You can even start AirTunes running off power and then unplug and it keeps working until you close iTunes. All I know is, I'm going to the beach this week and Apple better have it fixed before I get home. Mad

My problem is with a black C2D MacBook. I read something on Macfixit about rolling back the AirPort kext files, but I'm going to wait for Apple to release a fix. This problem is also affecting my sons CD MacBook with AirTunes and regular Wi-Fi access. He can't do either without being connected to the power adapter. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen. Something must have changed with the power being routed to the AirPort card while running on the battery. It's like they have no power or strength to send out a signal.
Glenn
News Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zalez wrote:
My problem is with a black C2D MacBook. I read something on Macfixit about rolling back the AirPort kext files, but I'm going to wait for Apple to release a fix. This problem is also affecting my sons CD MacBook with AirTunes and regular Wi-Fi access. He can't do either without being connected to the power adapter. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen. Something must have changed with the power being routed to the AirPort card while running on the battery. It's like they have no power or strength to send out a signal.

This update may help you guys out.

http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24232
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from vacation and noticed the update sitting in SU. I'm so happy they fixed it right away. I can't live without kicking back on a chair and listening to some AirTunes.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a bit of a scare with my update. I used the combo as always, but this time the script didn't finish. After it was apparent that it was hung up, I forced it to quit, but I ran it a second time rather than restarting. This time it finished, and everything was fine at restart. As others have reported, a lot of permissions needed repairing afterwards, including ones related to QuickTime and iTunes. Unfortunately, it claims to have made the repairs, but if you run DU again, they continue to show up as needing repairs. But everything seems OK, so no big deal.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox wrote:
Unfortunately, it claims to have made the repairs, but if you run DU again, they continue to show up as needing repairs. But everything seems OK, so no big deal.

I wonder if those will ever get repaired and hold in Snow Leopard? They sure never got fixed Leopard. I'm actually starting to worry a little about Snow Leopard. I hope they didn't rushing things towards the end. The last few Leopard updates have seemed far from perfect.
mouseondnet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: 10.5.8... is it buggy or is it just my imagination? Reply with quote

anyone else seeing funky things happen while using programs like illustrator and photoshop and indesign? am getting major glitches since (like tools not swapping out when i select them. have to save first, then they switch.) and constant crashes since the update. did several repair permissions, restarts from another drive, repair again, but every program now seems glitch inclined. did things get slower too? are those non-repaired permissions something to worry about?
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: 10.5.8... is it buggy or is it just my imagination? Reply with quote

mouseondnet wrote:
anyone else seeing funky things happen while using programs like illustrator and photoshop and ? am getting major glitches since (like tools not swapping out when i select them. have to save first, then they switch.) and constant crashes since the update. did several repair permissions, restarts from another drive, repair again, but every program now seems glitch inclined. did things get slower too? are those non-repaired permissions something to worry about?

I actually think Photoshop is doing better with 10.5.8 than 10.5.7. It also fixed a specific bug that was causing it to crash.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/506/cpsid_50637.html

I would try exiting the programs and trashing the com.adobe.Photoshop.plist in your ~/Library/Preferences folder and see if that helps. You can also trash the com.adobe.illustrator.plist and com.adobe.InDesign.plist files for the other two.

Worry about the non-repaired items? I guess that depends on what you have showing. It's pretty normal to have the ones Fox talked about though.
mouseondnet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: buggy update Reply with quote

thanks for the tip. will be doing that right after i try a re-install of the combo update this time from another drive. will try that out for a while. if that doesn't work, will revert to a TM backup pre update.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: