123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Details Recent Changes to MobileMe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Apple Details Recent Changes to MobileMe Reply with quote

Apple Details Recent Changes to MobileMe
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Apple has released a new support document detailing recent changes to their MobileMe service. According to the company, the following improvements and enhancements were made to the service in June:

Me.com toolbar
- Help is now accessible directly from the toolbar

Mail
- Forwarding or replying to HTML (rich text) messages maintains the message's original formatting instead of converting it to plain text
- Unread message count is displayed next to inbox and each folder
- Resolves an issue where an email alias may not appear correctly in Mac OS X Mail
- On an iPhone or iPod touch, a user can search all messages including those stored on the Mobileme "cloud" (server). Search in the From, To, and Subject fields is supported (iPhone OS 3.0 required)

Gallery
- iPhone 3GS users can publish videos to a Gallery album
- If no Gallery albums exist, an album is automatically created when publishing a photo or video from iPhone (iPhone OS 3.0 is required)

iDisk
- Uploading to a Public folder with a web browser correctly shows completion status
- Resolves an issue where an email address may not be recognized as valid when using file sharing

Account
- Resolves an issue preventing the setup of some personal domains for iWeb hosting
- Resolves an issue preventing some expired accounts from being converted to Family Pack sub-accounts
- Active accounts with no upgrades can be converted to Family Pack sub-accounts

Push Contacts and Push Calendar:
- Option to merge existing contacts and calendars on first sync from iPhone/iPod touch
- Deleting a MobileMe account or turning off contact and calendar sync on iPhone/iPod touch allows users to keep a copy of the data on the device
- iPhone contacts that sync with MobileMe maintain ring tone associations

MobileMe Control Panel for Windows version 1.4
- MobileMe Control Panel for Windows supports syncing of contacts, calendar, and bookmarks when connecting to the Internet via a proxy server. The list of supported proxy servers is available at MobileMe: Syncing with MobileMe from a Windows computer if network uses a proxy server

Back to My Mac
- Users can securely connect to another Mac without having to log in with the computer's username and password (Mac OS X Leopard version 10.5.7 is required on all computers using Back to My Mac and you may need to sign out of MobileMe and sign back in for the change to take effect on each Mac)

Find My iPhone and Remote Wipe
- Users can locate a lost iPhone on a map at me.com, write a message to display on the screen, play a sound even if the iPhone is set to silent mode, or permanently erase all data (iPhone OS 3.0 required)

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1255.html
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, but has any ones e-mail (@me or @mac.com) taken a bit longer than usual to download? ...and send taking a bit longer? I don't think it's my network, cause I've been on two others. Maybe it's because I'm still using @mac as opposed to @me
MacScout67

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everything with MobileMe feels slower today. I don't think it has anything to do with @me or @mac.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any one receive the e-mail telling users of ilife 08 and .mac in tiger have to upgrade to leopard and ilife 09 in order to keep producing to your web page.

If you have a .mac web page not a .me web page after july 7 you will no longer be able to update your page all though the page will be left online you will no longer be able to upload to it.
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
Did any one receive the e-mail telling users of ilife 08 and .mac in tiger have to upgrade to leopard and ilife 09 in order to keep producing to your web page.

If you have a .mac web page not a .me web page after july 7 you will no longer be able to update your page all though the page will be left online you will no longer be able to upload to it.

I did receive it. I found it a bit confusing though, what I understood was that if you are using iLife's iWeb than you're ok. My iWeb stopped logging in as .mac a while ago, when I publish a new page I get prompted to log in through MobileMe; and that was in iLife 08 and still does it in iLife 09 too.

I don't remember reading anything on having to upgrade to Leopard, but it seems that with Snow Leopard coming out, Apple is really changing things to "force" users of Tiger and previous Operating Systems to upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: