123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seagate Updates FreeAgent for Mac Lineup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Seagate Updates FreeAgent for Mac Lineup Reply with quote

Seagate Updates FreeAgent for Mac Lineup
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Posted by: Glenn

Seagate today introduced a new lineup of mobile and desktop FreeAgent for Mac storage solutions and accessories. This includes the FreeAgent Go for Mac with USB, FreeAgent Go Pro for Mac, 2TB FreeAgent Desk for Mac and FreeAgent Go Dock+, a powered USB hub and dock for the FreeAgent Go.

The FreeAgent Go for Mac with USB includes a USB 2.0 interface and docking station. It will be available this month for a suggested retail price of $99.99 for 250GB, $119.99 for 320GB and $149.99 for 500GB.

The FreeAgent Go Pro for Mac drive clocks in at 7200RPM and includes a USB 2.0 and FireWire 800/400 interface for those in need higher-data transfer. It also comes with a docking station and will be available this month for a suggested retail price of $129.99 for 250GB, $149.99 for 320GB and $189.99 for 500GB.

The 2TB FreeAgent Desk for Mac drive features a brushed aluminum arctic silver finish and USB 2.0 and FireWire 800/400 interface. It's available now for a suggested retail price $339.99.

It should also be noted that all Seagate FreeAgent for Mac solutions come formatted as HSF+ for Mac OS X and are "Time Machine ready" for backups.

Along with the new storage solutions, Seagate also unveiled a new docking accessory for the FreeAgent Go portable storage solution. The new FreeAgent Go Dock+ connects directly to your Mac OS X or Windows computer, allowing access to all the content stored on a FreeAgent Go or FreeAgent Go for Mac external hard drive without fumbling with cables or trying to find an available USB port each time the drive is connected. This dock also provides the benefit of a powered USB hub with three additional USB ports to connect digital cameras and other USB peripherals to your system. The FreeAgent Go Dock+ is available now for a suggested retail price of $39.99

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1247.html

Last edited by admin on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the 1TB Desk for Mac a couple weeks ago. The actual enclosure feels a little cheapish, but it looks great sitting next to my Mac mini. It also performs really well over FW 800 and stays nice a quiet. In fact, I can barely hear the thing running. I just hear a little head chatter now and again. I also like that it stands vertical to help with cooling. The enclosure never feels that warm to the touch. And if something goes wrong, you got a 5-year warranty. What's to complain about? I mean, other than the slight Mac tax. Smile
iLife's a Bitch!
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind having that dock with the hub for my regular FreeAgent to Go drive.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of the regular 500GB Freeagent Go drives in white and silver. Got it the other week at Staples. They were on sale and offering the dock and leather case for free. I was thinking about getting the Mac version before hand with Firewire 800, but I couldn't justify the difference in price. I'm happy with this one though. It's a nice little drive.

http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23453
epic_ed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a 1.5TB FreeAgent Desk from Dell for $119. They are having a big sale this weekend on drives and stuff with 7XBH1T9BJ4H9B3 as the coupon code. It's not a huge deal, but it beats Amazon and Newegg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: