123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Safari 4.0.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Safari 4.0.1 Reply with quote

Apple Releases Safari 4.0.1
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Posted by: Charles

Apple has released Safari 4.0.1 for Leopard and Tiger via their Software Update utility and on the Web. According to the release notes, this update addresses incompatibilities between Safari 4.0 and certain features in iPhoto '09, including Places and Facebook publishing. Safari 4.0.1 for Leopard weighs in at 43.8MB and requires 10.5.7 or later.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1238.html
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having a lot of trouble with Safari 4, but this doesn't sound like much of an update. I will give it a shot though.
Rightondamark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife mentioned something the other day about having trouble uploading files to Facebook from iPhoto. I was thinking it was a problem with their website, but maybe it was Safari. Surprised
spectre51

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if they fixed anything else but it seems to be running better on my system now. Wish they would update it for Windows cause on my windows 7 system its flakey as all hell.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spectre51 wrote:
Don't know if they fixed anything else but it seems to be running better on my system now. Wish they would update it for Windows cause on my windows 7 system its flakey as all hell.

Yeah, it seems to be running a little better on my MacBook Pro. I'm thinking there might have been a couple more fixes in there they didn't mention. I don't know about the Windows version though. That thing always seemed messed up with the fonts and all. That being said, I haven't even looked at it in a long time.
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I trashed Safari and the plist files with AppCleaner and installed this update. It appears that I have a fully functional and trouble free Safari again.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had issues with both windows and mac version's after installing safari 4.0 in windows internet explorer stoped functioning.

On macintosh the application refused to launch saying my processor wasn't fast enough even though i have a 2.0 ghz imac.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: