123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Seagate FreeAgent Go rocks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: The Seagate FreeAgent Go rocks! Reply with quote

I bought a 320GB SeagateFreeAgent Go hard drive earlier this evening at Staples for $90 dollars. I'm going to use it for backing up my MacBook Pro and storing important documents. I just wanted to say that I'm really impressed with the quality of this drive so far. The enclosure feels really nice in your hands, and it's as quiet as a church mouse while running. It also has these really cool access lights that pulse. My drive also came with the dock and leather case for free (this deal ends today), so that was a nice bonus. They aren't shabby in the quality department either. I'm not sure what else to say, but I would most definitely put this kit on the short list if you're looking around for a 2.5" external. If you have any questions, let me know.
astrorider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Seagate FreeAgent Go rocks! Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I bought a 320GB SeagateFreeAgent Go hard drive earlier this evening at Staples for $90 dollars. I'm going to use it for backing up my MacBook Pro and storing important documents. I just wanted to say that I'm really impressed with the quality of this drive so far. The enclosure feels really nice in your hands, and it's as quiet as a church mouse while running. It also has these really cool access lights that pulse. My drive also came with the dock and leather case for free (this deal ends today), so that was a nice bonus. They aren't shabby in the quality department either. I'm not sure what else to say, but I would most definitely put this kit on the short list if you're looking around for a 2.5" external. If you have any questions, let me know.

Do they still require two USB ports on some computers, i.e. does the USB cable that's included with the drive have two USB plugs on one end? I returned one of their 2.5 externals a while back because it required using two USB ports to power the drive on my Macbook Pro...seemed like a poor design considering so many other vendors are able to power their drives with only one port.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drive itself comes with a singe USB cable. The dock, on the other hand, comes with a Y-cable for data and power. I've been able to get by with just using the docks data cable with my Mac minis and MacBook Pro. I guess the power side is there if you need it though. By the way, I'm also impressed with the quality of these cables. The plastic connector moldings are a little more substantial than your typical USB cable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: