123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HP 2140 HD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> SFF Computer and Netbook Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: HP 2140 HD Reply with quote

Pulled the trigger on an HP mini 2140 HD. I love my Acer Aspire One, but the vertical resolution is just way too limiting. 1366x768 on a 10" screen is going to be nice. (got the 6-cell battery as well). Should arrive before the weekend.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! I should have Googled, but is that the new model with the HD video accelerator chip?
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the HP Mini (2140) now. Absolutely LOVE the additional resolution (compared to my AAO). I believe the upcoming 2150 is the one with the video acceleration, but am not positive.

Upgraded to 2GB of ram (max). This machine is very snappy. Running the latest Ubuntu release.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mac daddy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMav wrote:
Using the HP Mini (2140) now. Absolutely LOVE the additional resolution (compared to my AAO). I believe the upcoming 2150 is the one with the video acceleration, but am not positive.

Upgraded to 2GB of ram (max). This machine is very snappy. Running the latest Ubuntu release.

iMav, what processor is the HP using now?
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I've heard about this HP mini but have never seen it in the local stores in Peterborough. My sister almost bought one, but I talked her out of buying a netbook altogether as a device for showing an internet service to clients. Her site just didn't operate nicely on such a small display.
MacScout67

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the original HP minis that were made out of aluminum. I kinda wish they would go back ot that design, but with the Intel chips. I would also like to see them upgraded to 802.11n.
NidStyles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacScout67 wrote:
I really liked the original HP minis that were made out of aluminum. I kinda wish they would go back ot that design, but with the Intel chips. I would also like to see them upgraded to 802.11n.

You do know that the 2140, and the upcoming 2150, is aluminum, right?

Also, the 2150 will be the same as the 2140, just with an added 3g slot, and SIM card holder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> SFF Computer and Netbook Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: