123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free fast DVD ripper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiat

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Free fast DVD ripper Reply with quote

Hi, I am planning ahead for burning DVD movies to HD and come to the following:

(VLC Media player)
1 Fairmount (free) to mount DVD on HD,
2 (free DVD ripper)
3 HandBrake (openware) to encode
(VLC)

As you can see, the missing piece of the complete process is one free fast reliable DVD ripper. I just couldn't find one online (Ripit seems fast and reliable but not free, DVD2oneX fits Fairmount/HB, but not free either). Does anyone have luck on this? Is Fairmount necessarily needed for this task?

Thanks
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe use MTR to do main feature only. I hear that still works. You can't use the whole disc copy as it will drive most programs insane and cause your optical drive to self destruct.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD / 120GB SSD 10.10 (Thanks Phil!)

4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5

Make sure it has pins!
fiat

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
Maybe use MTR to do main feature only. I hear that still works. You can't use the whole disc copy as it will drive most programs insane and cause your optical drive to self destruct.

SC

Could you elaborate "MTR"? Please.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac The Ripper

It's freeware up to version 2.65 (I think).

V3.x costs money.

Most people tend to favor RipIt nowadays even though it has a nominal fee.

MTR will work with most older titles but it seems to choke on some of the newer big budget films.
fiat

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Mac The Ripper

It's freeware up to version 2.65 (I think).

V3.x costs money.

Most people tend to favor RipIt nowadays even though it has a nominal fee.

MTR will work with most older titles but it seems to choke on some of the newer big budget films.

Now I see MTR (at least the free version) isn't quite reliable and fully functional. I guess it's normal for the kind of commercial ware (to make money). So I was wondering why there is no openware (my favorite ware) for DVD ripper project? In a sense of 'legal' issue, I reckon that 'rip' DVD would commit some illegal act in various ways during the process. Only a fee could cover the kind of legal risk. I would be disappointed but understandably to hear that the paid ripper is the only one can get it done.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just the legal risk, but that constant work is required on this project.

Every week when new DVDs come out, they can have a new protection scheme. Which is why these apps need to be updated on a regular basis. Which means that more time needs to be applied to the program every week.

There is a fairly decent thread about DVD ripping here:
http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22919

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD / 120GB SSD 10.10 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiat wrote:
Now I see MTR (at least the free version) isn't quite reliable and fully functional.

Even the paid for version 3.X isn't reliable any longer.
As Smithcraft pointed out it's a constant battle to keep up with the latest protection schemes.

Take a look at the thread Smithcraft pointed out. It seems that the Windows platform has the upper hand in this area. There are simply way more developers and a much larger user base to make it worthwhile to keep up with the ever changing schemes.
fiat

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:

Even the paid for version 3.X isn't reliable any longer. As Smithcraft pointed out it's a constant battle to keep up with the latest protection schemes.

Too bad, but who's fault? (DVD maker? Software cracker? or Movie viewer?)

Bandit Bill wrote:

Take a look at the thread Smithcraft pointed out.

Already did. Didn't find what I want.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geezerbutts hasn't released a new version of MTR in a year and a half. At least there hasn't been a version that has shown up on the interwebs that is newer... And with Sony playing games with the DVD format, I can understand why. However, from what I read at the ripdifferent forums, if you only use MTR's main feature extraction, it works fine.

As I have pointed out AnyDVD HD is the win here, and it's a big win. If only it ran in OS X...

Fiat, you're gonna have to spend some money! Get the MacUpdate/MacTech bundle!

SC

Make sure it has pins!
valefortia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comkinozones.rulaserlens.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.ru
neatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ru
qualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.ru
readingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.ru
salestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.ru
semifinishmachining.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.ru
tenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.ru
kaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.ru
kleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.ru
lacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.ru
landingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rufactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.ru
galvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ru
haemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ru
haphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ru
heatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
valefortia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
tarizz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

un20CHPEWePampmpChSoGrWeKeChJaPeFrTeCUSkGoDoIfXIIITeKeDiCrFa
InDaXVEcAtDoTeTwChNiAqABLaJeWewwBlPuWeMaDaSuOmDaHoSOMOJiCD
XIViMaFEXXRAVoXIXXPuMaWhPaXVClXIDoksPaCiGLZeThgrJoWaMaXVHa
ZeOPScJeZeSoXICaHoAgHiZeboIrHeBoSaXIOnXBIsAuXXKlspVIClJaSr
ClHCScBiShZaFoRDgyVaBoScBrBePoFMJNBeDLARXXDOMPMFVaEdPrBuBa
CiMPKaYeDVViViTiFrPiRaXXPaCDCDJeBrOlXIXXFrJoBoDeReHeAcDVDa
LeThTNMaHAMaThesXIEsRuFEJeXVMiPoRiXXSaSPXXElHeFrBiCDXXSiCo
mpMaScScIIKaXIMaWImpXIXVAlJoLyXXXXCh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: