123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying from Apple Store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drummaman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Buying from Apple Store Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Question: Is buying a PB or PM from the Apple Store any different from buying it anywhere else?(online stores, Best Buy, CompUSA). Now, price-wise, I can see some slight differences, but...who's going to buy from the apple store if others stores are selling the same thing cheaper? And if the prices are the same, wouldn't you just buy it 'from the horse's mouth', so to speak???

My next one would be, how can we attain World Peace, but that one will have to wait.... Very Happy
greg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying from Apple Store Reply with quote

drummaman1 wrote:
My next one would be, how can we attain World Peace

Give everyone a Mac?

Well, it would be a start anyway...
Dell 1905FP
Logitech Wave Cordless Desktop
greg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your first question; I dunno. I decided to go to the source and order from Apple. At the time it was because I wanted to a order a specific configuration of the mini and that seemed like the best way/only way to do it at the time. I suppose that if you have a storefront such as Best Buy, etc. nearby where you can walk in it may be more convenient to purchase that way. Of course, if you have an Apple Store nearby...
How about people who can buy with a student discount, etc? Can you do that outside the Apple Store?
Dell 1905FP
Logitech Wave Cordless Desktop
andp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying from Apple Store Reply with quote

drummaman1 wrote:

My next one would be, how can we attain World Peace, but that one will have to wait.... Very Happy

Never vote for anyone with the last name Bush again! Laughing

Buying from Apple is the fastest way to get newly announced products. The only problem is you have to pay sales tax. You'll save a hundred bucks or so if you can wait a few weeks and order from someone like Amazon or Mac Connection.
Ranter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying from Apple Store Reply with quote

drummaman1 wrote:
.. how can we attain World Peace, but that one will have to wait.... Very Happy

If each person will pledge not to kill other persons, no corpogovernment will be able to profit from any war. I did my share on August 23rd, 1968.

drummaman1 wrote:

Question: Is buying a PB or PM from the Apple Store any different from buying it anywhere else?(online stores, Best Buy, CompUSA). Now, price-wise, I can see some slight differences, but...who's going to buy from the apple store if others stores are selling the same thing cheaper? And if the prices are the same, wouldn't you just buy it 'from the horse's mouth', so to speak???

I bought my PowerMac from Amazon to avoid paying sales tax. It would have cost me more than the expedited shipping I got instead.

I would have bought my Mac Mini through Amazon too, but receiving it as a birthday gift was a much better deal.

I am contractually forbidden to purchase items from my own Amazon Associate stores, but nobody else is.

Weapons are the tools of violence; all decent men detest them.
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: