123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Griffin Introduces New iMic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Griffin Introduces New iMic Reply with quote

Griffin Introduces New iMic
Wednesday October 19, 2005

Griffin Technology today introduced a new iMic USB audio adapter, redesigned for today's hardware. iMic was the original USB audio adapter that enabled Mac and PC users to add stereo input and output to their USB computers that, otherwise, lacked the necessary hardware support. iMic allows you to connect virtually any microphone or sound input device to your Mac mini, iBook, PowerBook, PowerMac or other Mac or PC systems with a USB port. iMic supports both mic and line level inputs via a selectable switch, as well as a variable level output for connecting speakers or headphones.

Griffin includes a copy of Final Vinyl with the iMic. Final Vinyl is a Mac OS X application that lets you transfer old records and tapes to MP3. It features waveform-based cue editing and a built-in 10-band equalizer. The new iMic has a suggested retail price of $39.99, and is scheduled to begin shipping in mid November.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/378.html

Last edited by admin on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white looks pretty cool and it looks a little smaller. Did the old iMic have a switch? Confused
iLife's a Bitch!
RJT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My original iMic has only a single switch which selects
audio in or audio out.

This new model seems more useful.
mark2741

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: iMic - I don't get it? Reply with quote

I don't get it - what is the difference between this one and the old/current iMic, other than appearance?

Figures they'd come out with a new one. I just ordered mine from amazon.com yesterday (they're blowing them out for $29).

mark
www.sixstringtheory.com
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: iMic - I don't get it? Reply with quote

mark2741 wrote:
I don't get it - what is the difference between this one and the old/current iMic, other than appearance?

Figures they'd come out with a new one. I just ordered mine from amazon.com yesterday (they're blowing them out for $29).

mark
www.sixstringtheory.com

The size and color are the only differences.

New iMic
Height: 0.5 in.
Diameter: 2 in.

Old iMic
Height: 0.84 in.
Diameter: 2.5 in.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
mark2741

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's the case, I much prefer the look of the previous/current version, and am glad I got it for $29. If anyone is looking for one, both Buy.com and Amazon.com have them for under $30 right now. Amazon has free shipping, but I ordered it last night and just checked on status and they're estimating a delivery date in early November!!! Damn "super saver" shipping is *slow* apparently : )

mark
www.sixstringtheory.com
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark2741 wrote:
If that's the case, I much prefer the look of the previous/current version

Me too. I still like the looks of the silver one better. That being said, the switch on the new one looks nicer than the old one.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
spoonman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
mark2741 wrote:
If that's the case, I much prefer the look of the previous/current version

Me too. I still like the looks of the silver one better. That being said, the switch on the new one looks nicer than the old one.

I agree.... in fact, at least the new one has the switch labeled. The old one that I have isn't very intuitive. You have to slide the switch toward the headphone/line out jack for a mic level input, and you slide it toward the mic/line in jack for a line level input. Always just seemed backwards to me. Otherwise it works great. No need to get the new one just for looks.
Combo optical drive
Airport Extreme/Bluetooth
External 16X DVD+R,-R (Sony DRU-810A) in an ADS FW enclosure
NewerTech MiniStack w/ Seagate 7200.8 250GB HD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: