123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting Default Browser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spalkot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Setting Default Browser Reply with quote

Hey Folks,
I've very much come to enjoy the Firefox browser, in particular opening up the program to four tabs at once. So I'd now like to make it my default browser. For instance, when I select "Inbox" on my GMail notifier program, it opens a new window in Safari. And when I click on a link on one of my widgets, ditto. I'd like them all to go to Firefox. I couldn't find anything in the "System Preferences" app and I also could not find anything in the individual browsers preferences regaring the setting of default browsers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Oh, for the record....OS 10.4.2.

Stephen
caulktel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this doesn't make any sense, but you start Safari and then click on Safari in the uper left hand corner, then click on preferences. Once there choose the general tab and choose default browser, then select Firefox. This always seemed like the wrong place to put this, but it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: