123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CinemaView Displays Feature Mini DisplayPort
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
There are 24" monitors that are more than $900. There are also 24" monitors for less. Typically you get what you pay for.

I think Apple could be doing better price wise with the new 24", but that's a fair statement. I'm also with Huff on coming out with a smaller model. I'm starting to kick myself in the ass for not getting another 20" Cinema. Having two match up with one of the new Mac minis would have been nice. Oh well, I might be able to pick a used one up or something down the road.

There are probably a few to be had. I still love my 20" ACD so you can't have mine Smile . I prefer the the look of the original ACDs. I still really admire the look.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
There are probably a few to be had. I still love my 20" ACD so you can't have mine Smile . I prefer the the look of the original ACDs. I still really admire the look.

Even for one billion dollars? Strike up Dr. Evil laughing here. Smile

I think the new 24" Cinema is sharp looking. I also like that it has an iSight camera, microphone, speakers and Magsafe. I just don't care for the glass screen or glare it throws off. That also makes them a poor match with our models. I mean, if you're configuring them in a dual setup. I think going between anti-glare and glass displays would be annoying.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="devo"]
Bandit Bill wrote:
I think going between anti-glare and glass displays would be annoying.

Or good... depending on how you look at it. If you are designing something, you might want to see how things are going to on both display types.

I haven't had a chance to see the new 24" Cinema Display in person. I'm sure it is quite nice as well. I just think it would be hard to beat the look of the original. On the original, the aluminum looks quite expensive. The shiny reflective little Apple logo on the front is truly impressive to look at as well.

I can't see if there is a logo on the CinemaView monitors.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 24" Cinema is a thing of beauty in person. I just can't get past the glossy screens on the 24" Cinema, iMacs or MacBooks. I find them to be very distracting in a bright room. They also become like a mirror when dark colors occupy the screen. All you see is your face and what's behind you. Heck, I don't even like looking at my mug in a real mirror. I certainly don't want to sit and stare at it for hours.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about something last night. If any of you guys ever see a refurbished 20" Cinema pop up in the Apple Store, let me know. I just might buy one and use it with my MacBook Pro until Snow Leopard comes out. That's when I plan on buying one of the new Mac minis for my home studio and using the duals. OK, time for 30 Rock! Smile
Din

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aargh-a-Knot wrote:

"Thou shall not fashion testicles for thy carriage, lest they be gilded with chrome such that they reflect the sun's rays like the eastern sea. The length of thy dangle shall not be less than eight links long, so that thy sway may properly proclaim God's Glory to those who come after thou..." - Testicles 10:4-9

You win the internet today. Or retroactively for yesterday anyway. LOL.

He is seriously saying the cheaper panel type used in these is better than the IPS panel in a ACD? Also, what's with the 1920x1080 resolution instead of 1920x1200, the normal data resolution?
LE Studios

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
The 24" Cinema is a thing of beauty in person. I just can't get past the glossy screens on the 24" Cinema, iMacs or MacBooks. I find them to be very distracting in a bright room. They also become like a mirror when dark colors occupy the screen. All you see is your face and what's behind you. Heck, I don't even like looking at my mug in a real mirror. I certainly don't want to sit and stare at it for hours.

I'm use to it and still the best Display I ever own!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3359/3597855773_5243f5017b_o.jpg
CaliforniaMini
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE Studios wrote:
blazer wrote:

That is a nice, clean, simple set-up. I'm not a big fan of glass table/desk tops. They collect fingerprints and dust easily and I always have this fear of them breaking. But that is nice!
Mini 2.0GHz (Early 2009), 4GB RAM, 320GB 72k RPM HD
LE Studios

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Bandit Bill"]
devo wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
I think going between anti-glare and glass displays would be annoying.

Or good... depending on how you look at it. If you are designing something, you might want to see how things are going to on both display types.

I haven't had a chance to see the new 24" Cinema Display in person. I'm sure it is quite nice as well. I just think it would be hard to beat the look of the original. On the original, the aluminum looks quite expensive. The shiny reflective little Apple logo on the front is truly impressive to look at as well.

I can't see if there is a logo on the CinemaView monitors.

The Colorspace I use in Display Preference is Adobe RGB 1998 as I do have three HP Photosmart Printers that I selected Adobe RGB 1998 that away what I see is what I print also defintely select Adobe RGB 1998 on your DSLR or Digital Camera if it has it. That away one profile across the board. I went and download a lot of Canon smaples from their EOS DSLRs like 1Ds and 5D Mark II since both are 21.1 Megapixels. To see it full screen on this LED ACD what really sold me. I had a 17" Samsung 1280 x 1024 that had TN 6-bit resolution compared the 24" LED Display is 24-bit meaning this is why you will see ALL 16.7 Million colors at once. Since its IPS it has wide viewing angle so others can see it detail no matter where they are. The glass screen is no problem for me and I do see Apple's point of it does enhance the image but keep in mind that CRT Monitors had glass screen when Sony put its Trinitron technology method thats how you got a flat CRT, so if anybody that been sat in front of a monitor back then shouldn't really be complaining. I been doing computers for 23 years now. My setup now is the best I ever had so far. Very Happy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3364/3600477652_f143983c7b_o.jpg

Last edited by LE Studios on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
LE Studios

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaMini wrote:
LE Studios wrote:
blazer wrote:

That is a nice, clean, simple set-up. I'm not a big fan of glass table/desk tops. They collect fingerprints and dust easily and I always have this fear of them breaking. But that is nice!

That's a half inch thick tempered glass unless you got anger management issues with a hammer in hand that will be the only way I see you breaking that. I had that going on 10 years now. Yeah I do dust it but I do love that clean look. I also got the 5-Tier Shelf with three HP Photosmart printers on them. This is Studio RTA LS Executive Series. Very Happy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3364/3600477652_f143983c7b_o.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: